MI Windows and Doors is one of the nation’s largest suppliers of vinyl and aluminum windows and patio doors, with plants across the country. We have a great opportunity for someone to get that much needed experience in the world of HR. MI prides itself on internal growth opportunities for our Team Members. Recent college graduates welcome.
This position is responsible for assisting the Human Resource Generalist in the day to day processes by conducting new hire orientation, administration of company benefit plans, administering payroll, coordinating and scheduling appointments and pre-employment criteria testing, and implementing communication systems to ensure management and team members have access to information in a timely manner. High level of confidentiality required. Must be willing to work some off-shift hours, as needed.
Typical Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative assistance to the HR functions which includes creating, maintaining and up-dating documents, reports and records.
- Maintain and create spreadsheets, including developing, entering, formatting, printing information, filing, and archiving in accordance with company policy and procedures.
- Provide payroll and related information and training.
- Plan, prepare, and conduct new team member orientation to foster positive and safe attitude toward company goals and mission.
- Administrator for UC Claims and employment verification.
- Oversee attendance records/point system.
- Maintain and oversee personnel files ensuring compliance related to filing and confidentiality.
- Maintain team member information by entering and updating employment and status-change data through Paylocity.
- Responsible for working with Production Supervisors and Staffing Agency to secure and maintain qualified contracted team members to meet production demands.
- Prepare various reports as requested, including accident reports for Risk Management and Insurance Carrier.
- Provide support in the areas of Facility Safety initiatives and OSHA compliance and assist in Workers Comp Management.
- Ensure medical and indemnity claims are managed and coordinate LOAs/FMLA and return to work programs.
- Coordinate and assist with annual open enrollment process.
- Assist in benefit related activity, i.e. enrollment, terminations, 401K, STD, LTD, annual open enrollment etc.
- Coordinate and administer team member events and activities.
- Assist in employment HR interview if directed by HR Generalist/Manager.
- Maintain team member confidence and protect operations by keeping HR information confidential.
- Ensure compliance with existing state and federal government employment laws.
- Maintain technical knowledge by attending education seminars/workshops; reviewing publications.
- Attend job fairs/career events at High Schools/Colleges to promote employment opportunities and attract talent.
- Collaborate with the internship committee to develop successful intern programs.
- Participate and assist in the investigation of team member concerns in an objective manner and provide recommendations for resolution.
- Administrator of internal postings and transfer requests.
- Responsible for communicating pertinent team member information via Marlin Board, memos, and internal communication throughout plant facility.
- Inform HR Generalist/Managers of unusual problems and changes within the Human Resources Department. Make recommendation for resolution of problems and advise of perceived needs to re-examine and/or alter policies to meet the goals of the department.
- Collaborate with other HR team members across the division to identify best practices.
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications, Skills, and Abilities:
- BS/BA in Business with Human Resources concentration and two years HR experience or an equivalent combination of experience and education to successfully perform the essential functions of the position.
- Knowledge of local, state, and federal laws and regulations regarding employment practices.
- Ability to multi-task, deal with team members with diverse background, and display good problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage and prioritize time efficiently and effectively to complete projects and assignments timely and accurately.
- Superior presentation and analytical skills, as well as written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- High level of customer focus, both internal and external.
- Strong Ability to use Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Payroll and Recruiting Systems (HRIS knowledge).
MI Windows and Doors is an equal opportunity employer. MI Windows and Doors does not discriminate on the basis of religion, race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, handicap, veteran status, sexual orientation, genetic information or any other applicable legally protected category.