The incumbent is responsible for performing chemical analysis on food sample. The incumbent analyzes the concentration of certain components in food sample. The incumbent must accurately prepare and process the sample to obtain the needed results. The incumbent supervises daily activities of departmental personnel ranging from receiving to reporting of results and ensures that analysis is performed correctly.
- Performs high end analyses with instrumentation (GCMS, LCMS, HS-LCMS, etc.) autonomously
- Utilize various instruments such as LC-MS/MS, GC-MS/MS, HPLC, ICP, ICP-MS, and GC to determine concentration of desired balances in the food sample.
- This position has the responsibilities and authority to identify departures from the quality system or test procedures and document such observation accordance with the prescribed complaint system.
- Provide guidance to departmental personnel on analysis procedures and correct preparation of sample.
- Read, calculate and record analysis data to produce a report for the client.
- Responsible for correcting any discrepancies that occur.
- Evaluate current methods and recommend modifications to laboratory personnel and management as new procedures become available. Educate and train technicians on correct procedures and new analysis methods.
- This position has the responsibility and authority to initiate action to prevent or minimize departures from the quality system or test procedures.
- Be able to perform method validations and verifications without input from supervisor.
- Communicate procedural and operational difficulties and delays to client service personnel as required.
- Provide courteous client service and communicate any emerging client requirements to the laboratory as needed.
- Maintain knowledge of Laboratory Information Management System (LIMS) that is required to complete job responsibilities.
- Prepare materials and sample for analysis by drying glassware to rid container of moisture,
- cooling in desiccator if necessary, and defat or dry certain sample in the appropriate oven before processing.
- Prepare standards or reagents that are needed for the analysis procedure.
- Maintain laboratory instruments in working order and make any minor repairs that are
- 5+ years of experience in Chemistry lab environment, or equivalent Chemistry degree.
- This position requires a general knowledge of chemistry to perform analyses.
- An advanced knowledge of instrumentation and theory including, but not limited to, LC-MS/MS GC-MS/MS ,ICP-MS.
- Basic knowledge of food science is helpful to analyze the chemical content of sample.