Responsible for learning and applying their technical skills and working as part of a team carrying out tasks under close coaching and supervision.
Duties and Responsibilities: DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
· Prepare tax returns, perform other accounting projects, and create all documentation necessary to support accounting functions for commercial clients
· Read and be familiar with pronouncements from the AICPA and FASB along with various tax authorities, strategies and laws.
· Prepare to sit for and pass the CPA examination (if eligible).
· Stay up to date on firm policies, procedures, and the AICPA and the state CPA society’s rules, regulations, and Code of Ethics.
· Look for opportunities to provide additional services to our clients.
· Perform other job functions and projects as requested to support the Firm.
· Must be able to travel to client locations (rarely overnight).
· Meet the firms CPE requirements.
Skills and Qualifications:
· Bachelor of Science Degree in Accounting required. Master of Science Degree in Accountancy or Taxation preferred.
· CPA preferred or desire to achieve.
· Strong interpersonal skills.
· Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, are a MUST.
· Motivated, service driven, strong work ethic, good organizational skills, and the ability and desire to take on responsibility.
· Good work ethic, service driven, strong organizational and analytical skills.
· Strong computer skills – Microsoft products, advanced Excel and Word, Quickbooks experience is a plus.