Meketa Investment Group is a growing, independent investment consulting firm providing strategic investment advice to large institutional clients. Our private markets team oversees more than $19 billion of commitments to the private equity, private debt, infrastructure, national resources, and real estate asset classes on behalf of more than 50 clients, including large public and private pension funds. We provide a team-oriented, stimulating environment and outstanding benefits.
The Private Markets Investment Associate works directly with consultants and other private markets investment professionals to provide investment consulting and investment management services. The Private Markets Investment Associate will participate in a range of investment activities, including: assisting with creating presentations of our research and recommendations to private market and general consulting clients, supporting the firm’s marketing efforts, and assisting with private markets investment research and manager due diligence. The position also has primary responsibility for supporting the reporting process for assigned clients and managing cash flow tracking.
The Private Markets Investment Associate position is a pre-MBA investment position and the Investment Associate is expected to progressively increase his or her level of knowledge regarding general and alternative investment topics, the investment consulting and management industry, and firm-specific investment processes. As the Investment Associate masters the position’s core responsibilities, he or she will have additional opportunities to formally contribute to investment research.
The Private Markets Investment Associate works closely with senior private markets investment professionals in carrying out the position’s duties. On a daily basis, the position reports to a Private Markets Operations Manager with dotted line reporting to one or more senior private markets professionals.
- Bachelor’s Degree with evidence of strong academic achievement. Progress towards or willingness to pursue a CFA designation preferred.
- 0 – 3 years of professional experience.
- Sound understanding of economic and investment theory and practices.
- Ability to gather, organize, and analyze data from disparate sources.
- Strong quantitative skills, including facility with financial and statistical concepts.
- Ability to effectively convey opinions through excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Superb computer skills, including facility with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Skill at analyzing, evaluating, and reviewing quantitative information, with a high degree of accuracy; familiarity with investment statistics.
- Excellent attention to detail and organized work habits.
- Ability to work efficiently and accurately under time pressure.
- Ability to work well with employees from other company departments and external contacts.
- Ability to work independently and to proactively seek new responsibilities.
- Assist in the investment due diligence and manager selection process for one or more private markets asset classes.
- Review private market fund offering materials and attend meetings with internal investment staff and external investment managers to further evaluate funds for potential investment on behalf of clients.
- Gather, organize, and verify financial data related to client accounts and investment managers and strategies.
- Apply knowledge of economic indicators, investment markets, attribution, and benchmarks to analysis of investment results.
- Maintain and regularly update databases of investment information.
- Calculate and verify client-related investment data and statistics.
- Produce client-ready quarterly and monthly reports, including reviewing data for accuracy and reasonableness.
- Investigate and resolve performance discrepancies; reconcile and validate results, ensuring that asset transfers and prices are appropriately reflected.
- Assist in the development of internal indices and analytical tools.
- Fulfill any and all other duties deemed necessary by management, including special projects, original research, deal sourcing, and marketing initiatives.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION
Please send your resume and cover letter to:
Meketa Investment Group, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Applicants are considered for all
positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship,
age, marital or veteran status, or the presence of a non-job-related disability.