Salary Range: $26.9240-$32.1798 with differentials for evening and weekend hours.
Full, part time and PRN hours available
Position Schedule: Flexible hours including every other weekend
The staff RN will provide quality care to the inmates of the McLean County Detention Facility. The staff RN administers medications, oversees treatments, and ensures compliance with prescribed therapies. The staff RN keeps accurate, detailed records of treatments and medications, assess and record patients’ vital signs and other information about their condition. The staff RN will coordinate with the Detention Center Physician and other health care team members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for nursing care of the inmates at the McLean County Detention Facility
- Assess inmates for medical problems and/or concerns
- Refer inmates to the McLean County Detention Facility Physician as needed
- Prepare and administer medications and treatments
- Order medications per physician’s orders
- Chart medications and treatments in the patient’s chart
- Maintain a secure environment
- Participate in monthly staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Working knowledge of nursing services and patient care
- Possess skills for continuous handling, fingering and feeling required for palpation, operating and maintaining equipment, and providing medical treatments in a secure environment
- Possess skills to continuously comprehend and communicate with inmates and co-workers, to follow written plans of care, and to respond to emergency situations
- Concentrate on moderate and/or fine detail with frequent interruptions necessary to perform a variety of tasks
- Ability to remember multiple messages, information and task assignments given to self and others
- Ability to communicate and collaborate with others and work as a team
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and a secure environment
- Current, active license as a Registered Nurse in Illinois.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Ability to pass a criminal background check, including drug and polygraph testing.
- CPR certified (will train if not currently certified)
- Prior experience as a RN
- Ability to push/pull the medication cart requiring a force of 10-30 pounds.
- Ability to bend, stoop, and squat as required to reach lower drawers on medication carts.
- The McLean County Detention Facility Health Services Department includes 2 exam rooms, a large nursing station, dental office, and staff break room.
McLean County offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Health Savings Account (HSA)
- Flex Spending Account (FSA)
- Dependent Spending Account (DSA)
- Accident Insurance
- Critical Illness Insurance
- County provided Life Insurance, Optional Supplemental Life Insurance
- Illinois Municipal Retirement Fund (IMRF Pension)
- Paid Holidays, Vacation Days, Personal Days and Sick Days
- Wellness Program, Discounted Four Seasons Health Club Membership
- Identity Protection
- Charitable Giving
- Employee Assistance Program
About McLean County Government
McLean County is the largest county by land area in the state of Illinois with a population of over 172,000. McLean County Government is a fast-moving and dynamic workplace established to locally administer Illinois State laws and serve the community. With a $97 million operating budget, over 800 employees, and an Aa1 Bond Rating, McLean County Government is positioned to maintain and expand its reputation for excellence in local government.
To learn more about all the services McLean County Government provides the community, please visit https://mcleancountyil.gov/. For more information on McLean County Nursing home, please visit https://www.mcleancountyil.gov/91/Nursing-Home.
How to Apply
Click “Apply Now” at the top of this post.
*If applying through a third party job board, please fill out an application via McLean County Government’s Job Board located at https://il-mcleancounty.civicplushrms.com/careers/Jobs.aspx
Confidentiality of your application is maintained upon request.
McLean County Government is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.