The May Center School for Autism and Developmental Disabilities in West Springfield, MA is currently seeking a full-time Speech and Language Pathologist to provide direct and active consultation to our students.
The May School serves 48 students and is committed to a small caseload to allow for collaboration, staff training and attention to detail to best support our student’s education.
We provide full-day, year-round educational and vocational services for children and adolescents from preschool to age 22, using proven methods of treatment and teaching based on the latest clinical and applied research.
For six decades, May Institute has set the national standard for providing comprehensive, research-based services to children and adults with autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and other developmental disabilities, brain injury and mental illness. May Institute blends science with service to help make progress possible for thousands of children, adults, and families each year.
Join us in our mission to promote independence, choice, dignity and respect fo those we serve.
- Provide direct and consultative SLP services to students
- Assess students using age-appropriate testing materials
- Develop formal and informal programs
- Write goals for IEP and evaluate progress on student progress reports
- Train and provide consultation to staff as needed
- Attend IEP and team meetings
- Provide consultation notes to be sent home to parents weekly
- Supervise SLPA
- ASHA CCC-SLP licensure, Massachusetts SLP licensure required
- Board Certified Behavior Analyst a plus
- Experience with Applied Behavior Analysis preferred
- Experience working with children and/or adults with Autism and other developmental disabilities with a full range of skills and abilities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Available to work Monday – Friday including summers