Maxim Healthcare Staffing seeking a Licensed Speech Language Pathology Assistant to develop a plan of care for each speech pathology patient, in collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team.
Assists Supervisory SLP during the following practices…
- Provides skilled speech therapy services/interventions to patients with speech, language and/or hearing deficits in accordance with physician orders.
- Assesses patient needs; plans for, evaluates and modifies care to meet goals of the speech therapy interventions.
- Collaborates with all disciplines to plan and evaluate team goals for each patient.
- Instructs patient/family/caregivers on patient’s total speech therapy program.
- Advises, consults and instructs members of the multi-disciplinary team in specific speech therapy modalities and interventions.
- Current license as a SLPA in the state of practice.
- Graduate of an SLPA program accredited by the American Speech and Hearing Association,
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility, out-patient setting, community health service, home health agency or private practice as a SLPA in the past two years preferred.
- Current CPR card.