Maxim Healthcare Services is seeking Occupational Therapist for school districts in the beautiful Pacific North West! We are hiring right now for the 2021 – 2022 school year. The ideal Therapist will have a minimum of 1 year experience in the pediatric population. New grads are encouraged to apply. This can be a travel or local assignment.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates with other disciplines to ensure team understanding of student occupational performance strengths and needs, through evaluation, educational program planning, and service delivery.
- Evaluates the student’s ability and formulates the student’s occupational profile through a variety of functional, behavioral, and standardized assessments, skilled observation, checklists, histories, and interviews.
- Develops occupationally based intervention plans based on student needs and evaluation results.
- Teaches, monitors, and collaborates with educational personnel, community agencies, parents, and students to increase understanding of the student’s occupational performance.
- Provides continuing education and in-services for educational personnel, parents, and community based service providers
- Maintain high standards of confidentiality, attendance, and flexibility, while working cooperatively with Supervisors and other employees.
- Maintains records and documentation.
- Recommends modification of treatment approaches to reflect the child’s changing needs.
- Communicates and interacts with other team members, school personnel, and families.
- Maintains treatment areas, equipment, and supply inventory.
- Develop and maintain a daily schedule, which includes students/classrooms and other activities/duties.
- Other responsibilities related to the position as shall be assigned by the Program Director.
- Must have successfully completed and graduated from an accredited occupational therapy professional program recognized by NBCOT and have completed all fieldwork requirements.
- Must possess Washington State OTR/L Licensure. We can help out of state candidates with obtaining WA Licensure!
- One year of experience as an occupational therapist, preferably in school system or other pediatric practice setting preferred
- Experience working with children with disabilities is a plus
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Must have a passion for working with children
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Occasional before and after school work hours at the discretion of the Administrative staff
- School / Classroom setting
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
This Job Is Ideal for Someone Who Is:
- Dependable — more reliable than spontaneous
- People-oriented — enjoys interacting with people and working on group projects
- Adaptable/flexible — enjoys doing work that requires frequent shifts in direction
- Detail-oriented — would rather focus on the details of work than the bigger picture
- Achievement-oriented — enjoys taking on challenges, even if they might fail
- Autonomous/Independent — enjoys working with little direction
- Innovative — prefers working in unconventional ways or on tasks that require creativity