This role is eligible for up to $2,000 in bonuses as well as up to $2,000 for relocation expenses!
As an Elementary Teacher at Mastery you will work relentlessly to foster a love of learning with your students. Our Kindergarten through 2nd grade classrooms are self-contained and starting in 3rd grade our teachers become subject-specific. All of our elementary teachers at Mastery work to close the literacy gap through incorporating culturally-relevant and rigorous texts and topics into lessons. At Mastery we value Continuous Improvement and want you to learn and grow in your craft. We utilize a team of Assistant Principals, central-office coaches, and school-based content teams to provide coaching and feedback. We have professional development or peer collaboration time built into our calendar every Wednesday.
Mastery’s 3-6 Math Program utilizes Eureka’s Math’s curriculum to help students explore mathematical concepts and develop mathematical fluency. Your students learn grade-level content, as defined by the CCSS, by engaging with challenging problems and then learn from their peers’ thinking through a facilitated discussion.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Commit to ongoing professional development in the spirit of continuous improvement
- Develop and implement rigorous and appropriate lesson plans, assignments, and assessments in cooperation with Mastery school-based leadership and curricular resources developed by Mastery’s Central Office Academic Team
- Work closely with school leaders to analyze student assessment data to measure progress and use data to inform instruction
- Collaborate in grade level teams to discuss student work, share best practices, plan events for joy and humor, and ensure student mastery of standards
- Engage families in their children’s education by building relationships and maintaining regular communication
- Demonstrate genuine interest, belief, and care for students’ personal and academic success
- Commit to professional growth, self-reflection, a receptiveness to feedback, and a desire to continuously improve
Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree required with a record of personal, professional, and/or academic achievement
- Teacher certification – completed or in process
- Demonstrated expertise in subject area
- Commitment to and experience working with underserved communities
- Determination to drive student achievement and set high expectations for all students
- The ability to motivate, support, and challenge students in a student-centered, standards-driven classroom community
- A positive mindset and a drive for personal excellence
- Solutions-oriented resiliency to respond positively and effectively to challenges
- Outstanding instructional skills driven by data and delivered through rigorous and engaging strategies