MASSCreative seeks an excellent written communicator and dynamic thinker to grow and support the organization’s network of 400 organizational members and 26,000 individual advocates as well as manager our communications platforms including website, social media and emails.
We seek someone who loves building community through communication and online connection, is eager to share the work of MASSCreative with potential members and advocates, knows their way around a spreadsheet and can clearly communicate in under 250 characters or a great insta post.
Reporting to the Executive Director and the Director of Engagement and Organizing, this full-time position will manage the organization’s annual membership renewal drive, identify and recruit new members and execute the organization’s communications to its network of supporters and advocates. Candidates must demonstrate an aptitude for CRM software and spreadsheets.
Black, Indigenous and other People of Color, women, LGBTQIA+-identified persons, and others from historically underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
- Cultivate, grow and steward MASSCreative’s network of dues paying organizational and individual members through annual membership renewal drives, membership support efforts and communications.
- Work with the Executive Director to develop the annual Membership renewal drive.
- Maintain MASSCreative’s database of members, supporters, donors and prospects.
- Contribute to the development of our communications strategy including calls to action, field updates, and membership communications via website, email and social media.
- Manage MASSCreative’s social media accounts including maintaining a social media calendar and writing the copy/content of posts.
- Track social media metrics.
- Manage email communications to members in coordination with the Executive Director and Director of Engagement and Organizing
- Manage website.
Qualifications and assets
- Excellent communications writing
- Enthusiasm for using multiple online platforms to build community and engage supporters.
- Confidence in organizing information, setting up processes for managing data and managing communications efforts across multiple platforms.
- Familiar with spreadsheet programs, customer relationship management (CRM) platforms (such as Nationbuilder, SalesForce or ConstantContact) and web publishing software (such as WordPress).
- Ability to work independently and proactively.
- Interest in arts and cultural advocacy and a commitment to social justice, a plus.