Senior Financial Analyst
The Senior Financial Analyst will be responsible for analysis of Health Connector financial information. Primary duties will be in the areas of Financial Analysis and Reconciliation; Budget, Accounting and Auditing; and other support functions. The Financial Analyst reports to the Manager of Finance and is a full-time exempt position.
Key responsibilities include:
- Financial Analysis and Reconciliation
- Work with the Manager of Finance on financial analysis and modeling, business data analysis, and all other financial aspects to support Health Connector programs
- Work with accounting to ensure accurate budget accruals and financial statements, reconcile monthly financial transactions and invoices, and resolve any discrepancies
- Ability to anticipate financial issues, assess business implications, and recommend an appropriate action plan
- Budget, Accounting and Audit
- Manage and develop Health Connector’s Administrative Budget model, including analyzing enrollment and financial data, improving forecasting, and in-depth analysis to drive intelligent decision making
- Provide financial recommendations on Health Connector budget
- Collaborate with budget owners to coordinate annual plan and forecast inputs while providing quarterly variance analysis
- Assist with annual federal and state audits and other reviews
- Assist with preparation of documents and reports for internal and external stakeholders
- Actively work with other finance team members to improve the effectiveness of the financial planning and modeling process, assumptions, and results
- Assume analytical leadership and coordinate analytical efforts across multiple teams within the Connector. Over time, help to improve data infrastructure and enhance overall analytical capabilities of the organization
- Support the financial integrity process in validating internal reports (health checks) and identifying data discrepancies
- Assistance with state procurements and federal grant management
- Act as a primary point of contact representing Finance for other constituents (e.g., other state agencies, federal partners, health plans, advocates, etc.),manage day-to-day interactions, respond to requests, and participate in or lead meetings and other communications
- Performs other duties as needed and assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field
- Master’s degree ,MBA, or relevant professional accreditation a plus
- Minimum 3 years overall work experience ideally proven experience in FP&A
- Understanding of the health care industry or health insurance markets.
- Significant data analytical and financial modeling experience
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint (SQL knowledge a plus)
- Strong analytic and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to assess priorities and operate in a flexible manner in order to meet the dynamic needs of the Health Connector
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- This position requires the employee to work on-site in an open office setting
- Employee may be requested to work an extended day and weekends to meet deadlines
Salary: Salary range is competitive; salary will be commensurate with experience.
If interested: Send cover letter and résumé to Connectorfirstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note: Due to the requirement of 268A, please complete the Applicant Disclosure Form and return with your application.
About the Health Connector:
The Commonwealth Health Insurance Connector Authority (Health Connector) is an independent public authority serving as the Affordable Care Act (ACA)-compliant marketplace for the Commonwealth. The organization is charged with providing subsidized and unsubsidized health insurance to individuals and small employers. The Health Connector also oversees policy development related to health care reform under both state and federal laws, as well as conducting public education and outreach about health care reform and coverage opportunities.
The Health Connector is an equal opportunity employer that values diversity as a vital characteristic of its work force. We consider qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual identity, gender identity, national origin or disability.