Technology and Engineering Teacher
1 LT Charles W. Whitcomb Middle School (Grades 6-8)
2021-22 School Year
Placement on the Teachers’ Salary Scale according to education and experience.
or Line of Authority:
Principal, Supervisor of Science, Technology and Engineering, and Assistant Superintendent of Teaching and Learning and through him/her, the Superintendent of Schools
Statement of Duties:
- Instruct students at the middle school grade level; align instruction to the MA curriculum frameworks specific to Technology and Engineering strands; implement and continue to enhance curriculum maps.
- Develop strong skills of inquiry and hands-on application of the engineering design process.
- Provide students with real-world experience and technical project opportunities that reveal the critical purpose of technology in society.
- Students will be encouraged to become life-long learners and develop a practical sense of how skills related to technology and engineering are critical to finding successful career paths in the 21st Century.
- Prepare students for MCAS exams as necessary.
- Develop and implement innovative, hands-on activities that connect technology content strands to the active application of the engineering/design process.
- Assess student learning utilizing a variety of formative and summative techniques. Adjust instruction as necessary.
- Collaborate with other educators to consistently improve professional practice, enhance curriculum, and strengthen the overall academic achievement and educational experience for all students.
- Contribute professional expertise to the development of STEAM inter-disciplinary projects during team meetings and departmental curriculum meetings.
- Appropriate licensure by the Department of Elementary and Secondary Education – Technology/Engineering covering Grades 6-8.
- Appropriate experience working with middle school students and a middle school level curriculum.
- A desire to work in collaborative team environment to consistently strengthen the school community and student achievement
- SEI Endorsement preferred
- Bilingual (Spanish and/or Portuguese) Preferred
An Equal Opportunity Employer
It is the policy of the Marlborough Public Schools not to discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, national origin, color, homelessness, sexual orientation, gender identity, age or disability in its education programs, services, activities, or employment practices.