The role of the U360 Program Assistant is to provide administrative and program support for the Director of U360 and the college students participating in the U360 Business Sustainability Internship Program at Manomet. U360 is an experiential education and professional development program focused on business sustainability and designed to train the next generation of change-makers to tackle today’s environmental, social, and economic challenges. The two-semester curriculum incorporates applied science, business, and sustainability workshops, career skills training, sustainability assessments of small businesses, and a Capstone project. Under the direction of the U360 Director, the U360 Program Assistant will help process business data, coach and support the U360 students, work with university partners, recruit new students, promote the program publicly, and handle routine administrative tasks in an effective and efficient manner. This full-time position can either be remote or based out of one of Manomet’s offices (Plymouth, MA or Brunswick, ME), depending on the person’s geographic location and preference, and it operates within Eastern Standard Time. The position requires one weekly evening commitment and, due to the nature of working with college students, may also require additional evening work and occasional weekend work.
The U360 Program Assistant position advances Manomet’s mission and strategic goals as it enables the U360 Director to enroll and manage a greater number of students in the program, which results in more young adults and small business owners receiving Manomet’s environmental education and increasing their environmental stewardship.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (Duties and responsibilities that occupy a major portion of time and importance in the job)
- Assist the U360 Director with a variety of logistical and administrative tasks in a fast-paced environment.
- Help the U360 Director process, analyze, and report the survey data and results from the students’ interviews and assessments with the participating small businesses.
- Under the guidance and direction of the U360 Director, provide coaching and educational support, as needed, to the U360 students as they go through the 8-month program and engage with small businesses.
- Assist with student recruitment efforts from January through June, which may include corresponding with existing and potential new college partners, scheduling and conducting virtual information sessions, posting the position on college job boards, creating and sending email marketing, attending recruitment events in diverse communities, and more.
- Assist with the student acceptance process during the summer, which may include reviewing and organizing applications, scheduling applicant interviews, checking references, etc.
- In collaboration with Manomet’s Communication Team and the U360 Director, assist with the marketing, communications, and social media for U360 when needed.
- In collaboration with Manomet’s Development Team and the U360 Director, help to coordinate, promote, and execute the annual U360 online giving challenge fundraiser that happens every March.
- In collaboration with Manomet’s Communication Team and the U360 Director, help to coordinate, promote, and execute the Capstone student competition that culminates the U360 program every spring.
Additional tasks may be included in this position depending on the person’s skills and experience.
QUALIFICATIONS (Experience and skills required to perform the job)
- At least three years of work experience in a professional setting, preferably doing administrative work
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to both follow specific, detailed directions and protocols of established systems and processes and also create their own efficient systems
- Self-directed individual with proven ability to manage their own responsibilities and consistently produce high-quality work with little supervision
- Adaptable, flexible, attentive, and communicative
- Excellent organizational and time management skills with proven reliability in meeting deadlines and ability to work on different tasks simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- High proficiency and comfort with Microsoft Office and Google-Suite applications
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including editing and proofreading
- Strong strategic thinking and problem-solving skills
- Experience engaging with external partners while maintaining the utmost professionalism
- Experience with outreach and comfort communicating professionally via email, phone, and in-person
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion, and justice as a foundational principle for professional interactions and daily work
- Demonstrated strength working with others and helping them perform at their best
- Excellent customer service skills and the ability to create a safe space where students can feel welcome and respected
- Experience maintaining confidentiality
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., communications, humanities, science, sustainability, economics, business, etc.)
- An understanding of the higher education environment and the experiences of college students
- Experience processing a high volume of data and following QA/QC standards
- Experience representing an organization publicly
- Experience working for a supervisor remotely
- Experience planning, promoting, and executing events
- Proficiency with Facebook, Instagram, and LinkedIn and experience with social media marketing
- Strong knowledge of business sustainability and the U360 program
SALARY $48,000 annual salary with competitive benefits package
ADA SPECIFICATIONS Reasonable accommodations will be made for qualified candidates with disabilities. This position does require consecutive hours of computer work and the ability to lift up to 20 pounds. This position may require some travel.
HOW TO APPLY: Please send cover letter, resume/curriculum vitae to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Manomet is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics.