As Senior Account Director you will be responsible for helping to focus the agency’s collective creative imagination, business acumen, and technology expertise toward innovative and groundbreaking marketing and product concepts for strategic accounts. In this role, the Senior Account Director speaks on behalf of the agency throughout the client engagement lifecycle, serving as the strategic lead and catalyst for the joint agency and client team. The Senior Account Director is a primary owner of the health and growth of key strategic relationships and is responsible for client satisfaction and quality of service, working arm-in-arm with Program Managers, Creative Directors and Technology Directors to ensure on-time and on-budget completion of the agency’s engagements.
- Provide key strategic insight on client engagements and enroll the firm’s creative and technology teams in providing cutting edge solutions to Maark clients.
- Work alongside Account and Program Managers to ensure client engagements are being executed and delivered on time, on budget, and that the high-quality standards maintained by the firm are being met.
- Take responsibility for account growth, client satisfaction, and retention by identifying client requirements and opportunities and helping to develop programs that deliver measurable business results.
- Develop and execute client engagement strategies in collaboration with senior management and discipline leads.
- Interface with both high-level and mid-level client contacts from the Chief Marketing Officer and VP of Marketing to Director of Product Marketing and Marketing Managers.
- Act as Maark lead on digital engagements by participating in innovation briefs and work sessions, contributing to the overall planning process, helping define interactive tactics within programs, and creating program plans.
- Devise account plans and manage account P&L from negotiating statements of work and retainers to making sure work is delivered on budget and invoiced according to the proper terms.
- Independently lead and make decisions that properly balance the needs of the client with internal goals and needs.
- Participate in the planning of engagements including goals, deliverables, schedules, and budgets with client teams and Program Managers.
- Serve as a new business resource and actively pursue new revenue sources as well as participate in strategic development of new business such as RFP responses and proposal writing.
- When necessary, build and manage a client services team which includes: providing adequate training, overseeing and conducting performance reviews, resolving issues/problems, rotating staff, and providing salary recommendations.
- Deliver consulting deliverables required in the early stages of most agency engagements.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- MBA degree
- Minimum 10 years of account management experience leading interactive and software development programs and managing client and agency teams
- Background in engineering
- Proven ability to deliver on technical programs and world-class user experience
- Demonstrated experience running large engagements with Fortune 500 clients or equivalent
- Ability to develop strong relationships with clients by gaining trust and repeated successful delivery of expectations
- Knowledge of software development technologies and tooling
- Knowledge of Adobe Marketing Cloud including Adobe Experience Manager is a plus
- Experience with various project types, including web, mobile, video, brand, and strategic consulting
Full-Time Benefits Include:
- Competitive salary
- 100% health and dental
- 401(k) with company match
- Generous paid time off plan
Maark is a strategic marketing and innovation agency for global companies – headquartered in Boston, MA. We help our clients define and articulate their vision, design new connected customer experiences, and develop applications at the intersection of where what’s possible meets what’s relevant.
At Maark, we don’t just accept difference – we celebrate it, we support it, and we respect it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Maark is an equal opportunity employer. Employment at Maark is based solely on a person’s merit and qualifications directly related to professional competence. Maark does not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, creed, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, or any other basis protected by law.
We adhere to these principles in all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training, compensation, promotion, benefits, social and recreational programs, and discipline.