Liberty Resources is a dynamic human services agency and a great place to work! Working for Liberty Resources means you’ll have access to great career opportunities, benefits and a fun atmosphere. Our employees have passion around our values of excellence, integrity, diversity, self-determination, service, innovation and fiscal responsibility. Our rapid growth is providing exciting opportunities in all areas of our organization.
Liberty Resources is seeking applicants for the position of Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care. Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care is an OMH licensed Article 31 clinic serving children, families and adults with behavioral health challenges including co-occurring substance abuse. The clinic is currently growing and looking to hire a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner with substance abuse experience.
In collaboration with the agency Medical Director, the Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will function as a member of the Integrated Health Care Team in assisting with a full range of nursing/medical services for clients. The Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner will provide health care to individuals diagnosed with mental illness, alcoholism, chemical dependency or substance abuse and perform other tasks and responsibilities within the framework of therapeutic counseling, health monitoring and screening, and the provision of wellness and recovery focused care.
- Performs interviews, health histories, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current mental health status of clients.
- Provides medical crisis intervention/counseling as required by direct visitation or telephone contact. Completes evaluations, medication reviews, and care plans, reviews and progress reports.
- Participates in the management of clients’ medication regimens; prescribes drugs and psychotropic medication treatments as indicated by diagnosis and lab results.
- Provides psychiatric assessments, complex care management, and medication education to clients and families.
- A certificate and current registration to practice as a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- At least one-year experience providing direct services in a clinical setting to individuals diagnosed with mental illness, or comparable experience preferred, but will consider recent graduates.
- Substance abuse experience preferred.
- Must have eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs.
- Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
Note: Liberty Resources Clinics are approved sites for the National Health Service Corps Loan Repayment Program (Tier 3). Psychiatrists and NPPs are eligible to apply to this program.
Locations: Syracuse, NY and Rochester, NY