Liberty Resources, a highly respected, stable and diversified human services organization is seeking applicants for a Primary Care Nurse Practitioner for their Patient Centered Medical Home accredited Integrated Health Center, in Syracuse, NY and Fulton, NY locations.
Our employees have passion around the services they provide and our corporate values of excellence and staff support. We pride ourselves on high quality, integrated, community-based services that meet the evolving needs of our communities. We’re committed to building a diverse workforce that values contributions of all team members and work to recognize cultural beliefs, values, traditions, language preferences, and health practices of the communities that we serve and how they apply to provision of positive health outcomes.
Full and Part Time Positions Available.
The Nurse Practitioner will function as a member of the Integrated Health Care Primary Care Team in managing the acute and chronic health needs of individuals including those diagnosed with mental illness and substance abuse disorders. The Nurse Practitioner will provide the full range of primary care services for Integrated Health Care clients and their families.
- Performs interviews, health histories, physical examinations, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current health status of clients.
- Provides medical crisis intervention/counseling as required by direct visitation or telephone contact. Completes evaluations, medication reviews, and care plans, reviews and progress reports.
- Participates in the management of clients’ medication regimens; prescribes drugs and medication treatments as indicated by diagnosis, lab results and consistent with community standards of care.
- Provides all appropriate primary care, care coordination, and medication education to clients and families.
- Contributes to the treatment planning process, and crisis intervention services when necessary.
- Provides health education to clients and families to support outcomes.
- Works collaboratively with mental health staff to provide integrated healthcare for all clients
- Certificate and current registration to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State.
- At least one year experience providing direct services in a family medicine setting.
- Experience with individuals diagnosed with mental illness, or comparable experience is valuable.
- Must have eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Effectively use an EMR and complete all required documentation in a timely professional manner.
- Must be flexible and oriented to family work.
- Sensitive to cultural differences and able to incorporate that understanding into service provision. Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, climb stairs and lift objects of up to 10lbs as required.
Liberty Resources cares about your safety. We are following all CDC guidelines to ensure safety for clients, families and employees.