Liberty Resources, a highly respected, stable and diversified human services organization is seeking applicants for a Part Time Nurse Practitioner for their Patient Centered Medical Home accredited Family Health Center.
In collaboration with the agencies Medical Director, the Nurse Practitioner will function as the primary care provider for his/her own panel of patients, ages 16 and older, in managing their acute, chronic, and preventative health care needs.
Liberty Resources Integrated Health Care is comprised of Family Health Center and Behavioral Health Center applying “Healthy Mind, Healthy Body” approaches to whole person care with seamless referral processes and collaboration amongst specialties to inform practice and improve patient outcomes.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Performs interviews, health histories, physical examinations, mental status assessments, and diagnostic tests to determine diagnosis and current health status of clients.
2. Provides medical crisis intervention/counseling as required by direct visitation or telephone contact. Completes evaluations, medication reviews, and care plans, reviews and progress reports.
3. Participates in the management of clients’ medication regimens; prescribes drugs and medication treatments as indicated by diagnosis, lab results and consistent with community standards of care.
4. Contributes to the treatment planning process, and crisis intervention services when necessary.
5. Provides health education to clients and families to support outcomes.
6. Works collaboratively with mental health staff to provide integrated healthcare for all clients.
To qualify for this position you must have a certificate and current registration to practice as a Nurse Practitioner in New York State, and one to two years’ experience providing direct services in a family medicine setting. Experience with individuals diagnosed with mental illness, or comparable experience is valuable. Must have eligibility for full and unconditional participation in the Medicaid and Medicare programs. Must possess a valid New York State driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
Working for the Family Health Center you will receive competitive salaries, access to all instruments and equipment, no additional startup costs, join a multidisciplinary team of dedicated professionals and the chance to coordinate care with other professionals in the community.