The Billing Coordinator will be responsible for general day-to-day billing and financial administration of operational duties and administration for team and finances processes. As the billing coordinator, there is a wide variety of general administrative duties necessary including day-to-day billing, bookkeeping and coordinating with financial coordinator, directly reporting to the Accounts Receivables Analyst and Senior Controller in regard to all financial and accounting activities, and any additional duties. Will oversee all web-based applications regarding billing.
Bilingual a plus; Haitian Creole, Portuguese Creole, Spanish, Vietnamese, Chinese, or Cambodian
QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED AND EXPERIENCE:
Master’s Degree preferred or BA or BS in Healthcare Administration, Accounting or Finance, experience with Accounting and/or Finance and Healthcare Administration experience, a minimum of 2 years of recent or previous Administrative support experience.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS:
- Perform automated tests in all processes.
- Enter data for payroll related to billing and Productivity Reports
- Prepare and evaluate all periodical bills for account receivables to be submitted to third party vendors.
- Monitor and reconcile all over age accounts.
- Organize all internal and external funding billable accounts and identify all collection issues and assist in appropriate resolution.
- Monitor all outstanding balances and design various collection options to negotiate collections
- Prepare and analyze all financial reports and for billing
- Monitor all monthly activities and manage vendor invoicing and prepare appropriate financial reports
- Maintain knowledge on all account information and monitor all invoices and statements
- Monitor and collect data from various funders for billing accounts payable and account receivable
- Complies with internal controls and policies and procedures
- Monitoring productivity reports for staff FTE each pay period
- Prepare invoices for patients and insurance billing, submit and process insurance claims
- Coordinating Billing for all programs (Private Pay, Third Party Billing, MassHealth, State
- Prepare reports Account receivable for Patient Account
- Processes Electronic Claims via Coding Specialist, Data Quality Analyst
- Conducting prior authorization reviews obtains extensions to continue services
- Enters all review results in appropriate data systems and excel sheet as Claims Reviewer
- Claims status and resubmitted claims, Medical Collector to collect payments
- Assisting in appeal hearings related to prior authorization denials
- Documenting all review findings in the designated review database
- Creating correspondences and communications required by the contract, including denials
- Creating reports reflecting the start and end date of services and keeping track of billing units used
- Coordinate accounts payable for payments
- Maintaining all files and clinic billing documents
- Data entry and organize computer-based information
- Maintain confidentiality in all aspects of client, staff and agency information.
- Maintain electronic and hard copy filing system
- Maintain compliance with state and federal HIPPA
Maintenance & Quality Improvement:
- Maintain daily account payable and receivable
- Data entry in QuickBooks
- Internal Audits of Staffing Documentation for billing
- Creating financial reports
- Submitting billing claims and resubmitting claims research for payment
KEY SKILLS & BEHAVIOR:
- Strong analytical skills and interpersonal skills willing to work directly with patients and clients
- Ability to communicate effectively within a variety of situations and diverse populations
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Excellent time management skills
- High attention to detail
SALARY & BENEFITS:
- $20-$26 per hour depending on experience
- Paid holidays:
- Days Paid Time Off (PTO)