LakePharma is the leading US-based biologics contract research, development, and manufacturing organization (CRDMO). The company has developed a range of technologies and capabilities in antibody discovery, protein engineering, cell line development, protein optimization, and GMP manufacturing. With comprehensive technologies, integrated platforms, and five facilities located in key biopharma hubs on both the East and West Coast, LakePharma enables and supports the discovery and development of the biologics of tomorrow.
We are seeking a motivated biochemist with experience in classical and contemporary purification procedures for a variety of biologics. The incumbent will also be working with fellow scientist in developing effective processes for large scale purification of biomolecules. The position requires a drive to provide outstanding customer service by maintaining regular communications with clients, as well as meeting or exceeding quality and timeline expectations. The successful candidate will be able to work with limited guidance to execute laboratory research and will perform purification of recombinant proteins and plasmid DNA using a variety of classical and contemporary biochemical techniques.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Purify proteins and pDNA using standard chromatographic techniques
- Perform filtration process development studies (depth filtration, UF/DF)
- Perform analytical characterization to evaluate the biochemical properties of purified biomolecules
- Provide general lab support and management
- Communicate project updates and technical reports to supervisor and senior level management
- Identify and promptly troubleshoot technical issues
- Keen in learning new methods and techniques
- Flexibility to multi-task across numerous scientific disciplines
- Responsible for general lab support, executing projects within the laboratory, writing study/research plans, and summarizing data to clients and colleagues via technical reports
- BS in Biochemistry, Biophysics, Biology, Chemistry, or Chemical Engineering
- Experience with protein and/or pDNA purification using standard biochemical techniques
- Experience in purification using affinity, IEX, HIC, or SEC chromatography is preferred
- Experience with Tangential Flow Filtration is a plus
- Experience in HPLC/UPLC chromatography is a plus
- Good organizational skills and ability to thrive in a fast-paced work environment
- Must be able to clearly and accurately present written data to customers and be comfortable with oral presentations
- Independent, collaborative, team player
- Excellent multi-tasking abilities and exceptional attention to details
Work is performed in an office and laboratory environment. May be exposed to biological and chemical hazards. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 30lbs. Must be able to work while wearing personal protective equipment such as safety glasses, gloves, and lab coats deemed necessary to protect testing and to protect employees. Work is to be performed on site.
This job description is not necessarily a comprehensive list of all duties and responsibilities. The employer reserves the right to revise key functions of this position at any time.
LakePharma is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status.