Responsible for identifying, evaluating, analyzing and recommending changes in support of assigned applications/systems including ongoing production maintenance and trouble-shooting. Supports the planning, design, development, build and/or configuration of assigned applications/systems. Leads and/or coordinates conversions, application/system testing and documentation of system procedures. Participates and provides input in training design and development and assists in training execution in relation to assigned projects. Provides go-live support and serves as primary point of contact for ongoing maintenance/support and trouble-shooting.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities including but not limited to:
- Delivers work within established timeframes. Must be able to manage/multi-task on several large assigned projects incorporating all aspects of IS.
- Defines, documents, builds and maintains EHR application content.
- Creates functional specification documents to create content within the EHR application and is primarily responsible for validating this content with the business owner.
- Completes thorough unit testing of all build prior to handoff for functional and/or integrated testing.
- Facilitates functional and integrated testing as requested.
- Documents and reports system issues through internal chain of command; communication with vendor where appropriate.
- Applies proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to help identify, communicate and resolve system issues to maximize system potential.
- Provides end user support during implementation; able to serve as an application expert to assist in application roll-out.
- Addresses post-go-live issues and requests and prioritizes work assignments.
- Participates in on-call coverage as assigned.
- Communicates effectively; includes communication around progress of build tasks in adherence to prescribed project milestone dates. Proactively manages barriers to fulfilling work requirements.
- Participates in workflow design and understands system impact to end users.
- Prepares demo materials for workflow discussions or new system functionality.
- Stays current with new application functionality and enhancements.
- Provides on-call/after-hours support.
- Achieves and maintains application certification in accordance with departmental and organizational standards.
- Maintains confidentiality with regard to information being processed, stored or accessed by the system.
- Incorporates Lahey Clinic Guiding Principles, Mission Statement and Goals into daily activities.
- Complies with all Lahey Clinic Policies.
- Completes with behavioral expectations of the department and Lahey Clinic.
- Maintains courteous and effective interactions with colleagues and patients.
- Demonstrates an understanding of the job description, performance expectations, and competency assessment.
- Demonstrates a commitment toward meeting and exceeding the needs of our customers and consistently adheres to Customer Service standards.
- Participates in departmental and/or interdepartmental quality improvement activities.
- Participates in and successfully completes Mandatory Education.
- Performs all other duties as needed or directed to meet the needs of the department.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in a related field. In the absence of a Bachelor’s Degree, 8 years of clinical, healthcare operations, information technology or health information technology experience, in addition to the experience requirement shown below.
Licensure, Certification, Registration: EPIC Certification Preferred.
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities:
- Ability to multi-task.
- Self-starter and motivator.
- Excellent problem solving and written and oral communication skills.
- Candidate will have a proven track record of producing quality deliverables on time, taking ownership and accountability of assignments and demonstrating a strong work ethic.
- Willingness to address issues and take ownership, knowing when and how to escalate issues. Ability to understand and document business processes.
- Creative approach to process redesign.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite programs; specifically Excel and PowerPoint.
- Knowledge of HL7 coding standards.
- Knowledge of process redesign.
- One (1) year of experience implementing, designing, and/or managing a variety of Electronic Health Record and clinical systems using multiple software programs and network applications.
- Experience working in a clinical setting.
- Experience working with clinical information systems or system implementation teams for complex projects and/or application development.