Are you a problem solver? A fixer? A preventer of unexpected technical failures?
If so, we are excited to offer a for-credit only opportunity for you to come work in an environment where your desktop support knowledge and interest is valued and where your contribution positively impacts not only the business, but the future scientists of the world! Here at Labster, one of our core values is to Learn Continuously and we are excited to offer both full time and part time students the opportunity to advance their IT knowledge and skill set in this internship.
What you’ll be doing & learning
- Reconfigure Windows-based computers for repurposing to team members.
- Apply upgrades and patches to systems to ensure OS security.
- Resolve hardware and network connectivity issues, including printers and Wi-Fi.
- Maintain hardware inventory for the Boston office.
- Coordinate offboarding of all hardware, onsite and remote.
- Coordinate onboarding of all hardware, onsite and remote.
- Triage support requests effectively and efficiently.
- Deliver invaluable technical assistance to your colleagues, onsite and remote.
If you’ve got these skills & interests, we’d love to hear from you
- You are currently enrolled full-time or part-time in an Associate’s/Bachelor’s/Master’s program, pursuing a degree in information technology, computer science, engineering, or a related field.
- Desktop support excites you and you have 1+ years experience working with Windows 10.
- Your familiarity with Google Workspace leaves you wanting to learn more.
- There is no computer hardware, software, printers, Wi-Fi and peripherals too complex for you to tackle.
- You’re a problem-solving pro, maximizing efficient use of technical resources.
- You seek out opportunities, proactively determining IT needs, and resolve technical issues before they escalate. But if they escalate, you are able to remain calm and determine the best course of action.
- You have a working knowledge of Windows 10, MACs, and some networking.
We are Labster. Creators of virtual science lab software that makes learning engaging, effective and accessible, to as many students as possible. We exist to empower the next generation of scientists to change the world. It’s our mission to support 100 million science learners globally by 2025.
In the same way our technology empowers students, we thrive on an autonomous and innovative culture based on Holacracy, and ensuring that your work fits into your lifestyle.
We encourage individual expression, boldly challenge how it’s always been done, and foster learning, creativity and growth. How you work is in your control, balanced by the comfort of access to like-minded, inspiring people, when you need it.
Our commitment to all of you
Labster, Inc. is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and complies with all applicable federal, state, and local fair employment practices laws. Labster strictly prohibits and does not tolerate discrimination against employees, applicants, or any other covered persons because of race, color, sex (including pregnancy), age, national origin or ancestry, ethnicity, religion, creed, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, training, promotion, discipline, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment. Labster complies with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), as amended by the ADA Amendments Act, and all applicable state or local law.