Store Management Trainee (MIT)
Please apply through the external application link.
Looking for a career where you can own your personal development? Where the self motivated are valued and teamwork is just as important? Where you can WIN everyday? Look no further! This is not only the place, but the path.
Store Management Trainees, or MITs (Managers-in-Training) as you’ll hear us refer to them as, go through a 12 week structured training program that prepares them to be Assistant Store Managers in multi-million dollar Kohl’s stores. Our MITs love fast paced environments where change is the only constant. They are emotionally and professionally resilient, which will be needed as they are learning all aspects of the retail business and how to build great teams. They take a hands-on approach to learning and actively seek out information to make smart decisions. Upon successful completion of the program, they are then placed as an Assistant Store Manager, but the winning doesn’t stop there…
Our Managers don’t just sell socks and underwear. They support the communities and causes our Customers and Associates care about through initiatives like the Kohl’s Volunteer Program and Kohl’s Cares for Kids. They earn trust by living up to their commitments and embrace diverse perspectives. They see our Customers as a constant source of inspiration and guidance, take a “Yes We Can” approach to everything they do, and actively empower, engage, and continually develop all of their Associates.
If this sounds like your idea of winning, then join us here at Kohl’s!
After successful completion of the 12 week training program, MITs are placed in a store with an available opening as an Assistant Store Manager. Relocation may be required. Career path of an MIT: MIT, Assistant Store Manager, Store Manager, District Manager
Location and Start Date
With over 1100 stores, the Store Management Trainee position is available nationwide. We offer start dates in February, April, May, June, July, August, and Sepember based on your graduation date.
- 12 week paid structured training program
- Paired with a Coach
- Continuous learning and development
- Hands on experience with in-store merchandising, sales projections, store operations, omnichannel, scheduling, payroll, hiring and human resources
- Exposure to Senior Leadership within the stores organization
- Executive placement as an Assistant Store Manager upon successful completion of the MIT training program
- Bachelor’s degree with a graduation date between Fall 2020 and Spring 2021
- Desire to pursue a career in retail management
- Self motivated
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work as part of a team and interact effectively with others
- Strong analytical skills along with superior critical thinking skills
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to drive to develop retail business knowledge
- Flexible schedule, work hours will be based on business needs; must be available nights and weekends
- Relocation may be required