Intern, Purchasing Summer 2020Location: Kohler, WI
Are you a student studying Supply Chain Management, Business, or Logistics and looking for a 2020 Summer Internship with a global consumer products company? Are you someone who thrives in an environment that allows you to use your creativity and expertise to architect solutions to challenging problems? Join an exciting procurement team where your ideas, hard work ethic, and collaborative work are appreciated and recognized – and where you get to see the results of our work in consumer’s everyday lives.
Consider joining the Kohler team as an Intern, Purchasing as you begin your career as a procurement professional. The Kohler supply chain/global procurement organization is recognized as a global supply chain leader in the industry. This is occurring through a shared supply chain model that is customer-centric, date-driven, and time-compressed.
- Help develop the company’s supply strategy; identifying and securing a world-class supply base; and ensuring a continuous supply of quality products and services.
- Perform procurement activities for strategic sourcing and/or new product development projects.
- Assist in the purchasing and negotiating of materials, equipment, and/or services from suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of supplier quotations and services to determine most competitive solution based upon a total cost of ownership.
- Currently pursuing bachelor’s degree in supply chain management, operations, business or engineering is required.
- Strong written and verbal communication.
- Ability to manage projects and work in a team project environment.Strong attention to detail and a focus on business priorities.