- Prepare and review federal, state and international tax returns
- Prepare and organizing tax files and prepare projections for year end tax strategies
- Prepare financial reporting and tax preparation, including tax planning services for corporate and individual tax clients
- Create tax planning ideas and strategies for individuals, multi-state and multinational corporations and partnerships
- Research complex tax and financial reporting issues
- Respond to IRS and state tax notices
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change from time to time with notice whenever possible, but not guaranteed.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Master’s degree, CPA/EA license or active pursuit of higher education or credentials
- Two years prior experience in public accounting
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficient in Profx Tax; Profx Engagement or similar software as well as MS Office
- Knowledge of BNA Tax, and Profx Fixed Assets preferred
- Strong attention to detail with the ability to manage multiple priorities and meet stated deadlines
- Ability to work collaboratively in a fast paced environment and exercise sound judgement and discretion when handling confidential information.
There will be increased hours during our peak season: January through April and August through October which will include weekends.
KLR offers a wide range of benefits including: health and dental insurance, paid time-off and a competitive retirement savings plan. We utilize the latest technology and in-house education programs and offer employees opportunities for community involvement as well as tuition assistance.
Come join a firm who has recently been recognized for an 13th straight year as the “Best Place to Work” by the Providence Business Journal and voted as a Top 100 Firm in the country by Accounting Today!