Under supervision, the Research Assistant performs independent research projects and provides support to postdoctoral fellows. Additionally, performs administrative duties such as maintaining experimental records, ordering supplies, and assisting in grant preparation.
- Conducts independent research projects according to standard operating procedures with supervision.
- Work with mice and rats on housekeeping, tail blood withdrawing, blood glucose measurement, and body weight measurement after training.
- Perform basic molecular biology and cell culture techniques, such as genotyping, Western Blotting, ELISA assay, and sterile handling of culture materials.
- Perform general lab maintenance, such as autoclaving reagents and instruments, waterbath cleaning, and CO2 tank changing for cell culture incubator.
- Perform administrative duties, such as maintaining experimental records and notebooks, ordering supplies, and taking lab inventories.
- Attend JDC lab administrative meetings and seminars.
- Assist in the preparation of grants.
- Provide support to students, other research assistants, and junior faculty.
- Work in an integrated fashion with the principal investigator, lab manager, postdoctoral fellows.
- Attend weekly lab meetings and 1:1 meetings with the principal investigator.
- Other duties as assigned.
- The ideal candidate will have a bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
- Background in basic molecular biology, biochemistry, and/or cell culture techniques is preferred.
- Microsoft Office experience
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate on multiple tasks
- Good organizational skills
- Good communication skills (written and verbal)
- Ability to work collaboratively with others in the coordination of various protocols and procedures
- Ability to work effectively and constructively with members of other research groups – internal and/or external to Joslin
- Ability to effectively organize work schedule to accomplish the completion of multiple tasks or multiple experimental procedures
Joslin is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.