The Research Assistant (Clinical Research) will support a research project on the causes of familial forms of diabetes.
The Research Assistant will mail questionnaires and interview patients in the Joslin Clinic or on the phone to identify potential study participants. S/he will interview and examine study participants in the Clinical Research Center (CRC) communicating to participants the essence and implication of involvement in genetic studies. Obtain blood samples for lab testing and DNA analysis using phlebotomy skills. Process, label, and store blood samples. Record data in electronic databases and hard copy.
COVID VACCINE INFORMATION, PLEASE READ:
Along with our fellow health care organizations in the Longwood Medical Area and Greater Boston, all members of the Joslin workforce will be required (by October 31, 2021) to receive a COVID vaccine. The vaccine requirement holds true for Joslin employees who work fully remote and will be a condition of employment for all moving forward.
Therefore, the successful candidate would have to provide proof of full vaccination prior to October 31, 2021.
- Recruit study participants through mailings, telephone calls, clinic interviews and schedule examination appointments.
- Explain to patients the nature of the study and obtain informed consent.
- Interview and examine study participants in the CRC.
- Process and store samples, transporting these in a safe manner.
- Store data in appropriate electronic databases and hard copy.
- Work independently to complete projects for deadlines, and report progress to project manager on a regular basis.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in biology or related field
- Demonstrated laboratory experience/laboratory methods from academic coursework preferred
- Basic knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite
- Familiarity with basic laboratory instruments and equipment – in a laboratory setting.
- Ability to handle confidential and sensitive information
- Ability to follow general instructions and procedures, as provided
- Strong organizational and communication skills (communicate clearly and effectively via verbal and written instruction)
- Attention to detail and ability to concentrate on multiple tasks
- Ability to prioritize responsibilities – through completion
Joslin is an Equal Opportunity Employer of Minority/Female/Individuals with Disabilities/Protected Veterans. Joslin values diversity and inclusion, and we encourage diversity applicants.
Joslin Diabetes Center is an Equal Opportunity Employer and it is the policy of Joslin to prohibit discrimination of any type and to afford equal employment opportunities to employees, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, genetic information, marital/parental status, disability status, protected veteran status or any other status protected by law.