Johnson O’Connor is a large, local Public Accounting firm located just outside of Boston in Wakefield, MA. We are looking for top talent to join our amazing culture and work with our diversified client base. We are seeking an Experience Tax Manager with 5-10 years of public accounting experience who is interested in participating in their own career growth to join our team.
The Experienced Tax Manager is responsible for all areas relating to financial reporting and/or tax preparation. This position will be responsible for developing and maintaining accounting principles, practices and procedures to ensure accurate and timely financial statements and/or tax return preparation. The Manager supervises staff and senior accountants and is responsible for managing the team to ensure that work is properly allocated and completed in a timely and accurate manner. This position addresses tight deadlines and a multitude of accounting activities including general ledger preparation, financial reporting, year-end audit preparation and the support of budget and forecast activities.
The successful candidate will have strong interpersonal and analytical skills, as well as audit and/or tax experience Whereas regional/national firms tend to be compartmentalized, our large, local firm offers the successful candidate the ability to service all aspects of our clients’ business and personal needs, and see client engagements from start to finish, thus becoming a valued advisor to clients.
Johnson O’Connor values our people’s feedback. Our firm environment is collaborative and we all collectively make it a better place to work.
The job responsibilities include:
- Deliver a full range of tax services in compliance with laws and regulations
- Obtain and maintain a thorough understanding of the financial reporting and general ledger structure.
- Provide innovative tax planning and review of complex income tax returns
- Manage all aspects of client’s tax requirements and overall relationship
- Ensure the Firm’s high standards of quality are met or exceeded
- Leverage staff to achieve deadlines and manage budgets
- Establish and maintain a leadership role within the Firm
- Provide training and coaching to new and existing staff as needed
The job-essential requirements are:
- 5-10 years of public accounting tax experience
- CPA required
- Ability to plan, supervise and complete tax and/or engagements
- Manage multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Commitment to exceptional client service
- Intellectually curious
- Flexible, self-starter personality whose personal values coincide with JO’s Core values (Respect, Integrity, Teamwork & Excellence)
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package.
To be considered please submit your resume with a cover letter to email@example.com.