We are looking for a Finance Coordinator to join our entrepreneurial and successful Brokerage Operations & Finance team. Every day will be different in this role, and we will engage the successful candidate in a well-rounded list of contributions for the team, which will include: administrative, financial, and operational functions for the business. This position will provide financial support to revenue producers and other support teams within our Menlo Park office.
Our ideal candidate is focused on delivering only the best work product and results to our brokers and clients. We are seeking a motivated teammate with great accounting acumen, solid communication, and effective organizational skills. Candidates will also display strong technical skills and a high level of comfort and familiarity with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel. We offer a fun, fast-paced, collaborative, dynamic environment with one of the top brokerage teams in the Bay Area.
- Act as primary liaison between brokerage & corporate finance teams
- Provide outstanding customer service to internal and external clients
- Oversee & maintain pipeline of assigned brokerage team for 100% accuracy
- Review & verify commercial real estate transactions – collect, organize, & electronically file required documents
- Enter all transactions into company database for revenue recognition – ensuring all required fields are complete, accurate, and compliant
- Generate & track invoices immediately upon request, including document collection, deal closure, and database entry
- Process expense reports according to the JLL T&E policy
- Partner with finance and brokers on monthly/quarterly WIP updates and inbound business reports
- Track accounts receivable, ensuring timely collections
- Maintain leasing deal database – ensure all data (new and historical) is accurate
- Become a JLL expert across databases, technology resources, corporate policies, & broker tools
- Assert discretion and professionalism when given access to confidential and/or private information
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 2-3 years of relevant work experience in a professional company environment preferred
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (strong Excel skills) and Adobe Acrobat
- Experience with PeopleSoft Financials is a plus
- General knowledge of financial terms and principles, with the ability to calculate complex figures accurately
- Project management capabilities, including multi-tasking, prioritization, deadline management, and the ability to work both independently and with a team
- Communicates effectively with different audiences and presents complicated information clearly
- Must be resourceful, proactive, detail-oriented, and willing to learn
- Possesses a positive attitude and a drive for personal growth & development, while maintaining a calm exterior presence
JLL (NYSE: JLL) is a professional services and investment management firm offering specialized real estate services to clients seeking increased value by owning, occupying, and investing in real estate. A Fortune 500 company with annual fee revenue of $4.7 billion and gross revenue of $5.4 billion, JLL has more than 230 corporate offices, operates in 80 countries and has a global workforce of approximately 58,000. On behalf of its clients, the firm provides management and real estate outsourcing services for a property portfolio of 3.4 billion square feet, or 316 million square meters, and completed $118 billion in sales, acquisitions, and finance transactions in 2014. Its investment management business, LaSalle Investment Management, has $55.3 billion of real estate assets under management. JLL is the brand name, and a registered trademark, of Jones Lang LaSalle Incorporated. For further information, visit www.jll.com.
EEO Statement: JLL is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is an equal opportunity employer and committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity for all, without regard to race, color, religion, creed, age, sex, pregnancy, family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, transfer, training, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.