Looking for an ASAP start!
Insulet started in 2000 with an idea and a mission to enable our customers to enjoy simplicity, freedom and healthier lives through the use of our Omnipod® product platform. In the last two decades we have improved the lives of hundreds of thousands of patients by using innovative technology that is wearable, waterproof, and lifestyle accommodating.
We are looking for highly motivated, performance driven individuals to be a part of our expanding team. We do this by hiring amazing people guided by shared values who exceed customer expectations. Our continued success depends on it!
The primary responsibility of this role is to review and process clinical documentation promptly and accurately to ensure proper reimbursement from contracted payors. The Intake Specialist will utilize this clinical documentation to perform benefit investigations as well as prior authorizations with our contracted payors. This role will work with all department functions and must have a thorough understanding of the reimbursement process, clinical guidelines, and medical policies.
The Intake Specialist will independently follow standardized workflows as defined by management. This is a skilled position that requires customer service and/or healthcare reimbursement experience and the ability to apply acquired skills to ensure the insurance claims are processed correctly and the company can successfully collect. The Intake Specialist will be expected to work on a broad range of tasks including some more complex situations.
- Review and process all clinical documentation, ensuring accuracy and adherence to medical policies prior to authorization submission.
- Process all aspects of reimbursement by contacting payors, verifying insurance benefits, and adhering to medical guidelines for reimbursement.
- Submission of all prior authorization requests for approval and payment of Insulet products at time of claim processing.
- Calculate and document cost share amounts for potential customers.
- Document all interactions into the customer database and maintain compliance to HIPAA and other regulating bodies as required.
- Collaborate with other members of the commercial team such as OmniPod Sales and Billing to ensure proactive communication of potential customer’s order status.
- Provide frequent feedback and suggestions to support an environment of continuous process improvement.
- Additional duties and projects as assigned by management.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree and 2-3 years’ related experience working in a professional environment, preferably with extensive phone coverage and medical device or health care oriented.
Preferred Skills and Competencies:
- Business knowledge: Individual health plan insurance knowledge and understanding of the managed care industry is preferred.
- Effective written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated initiative and “do what it takes work approach” to get the job done
- Exceptional customer service orientation
- Team player with the ability to work cooperatively and collaboratively with others (internally and externally)
- Flexible and resilient in work approach
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, managing multiple priorities
Physical Requirements (if applicable):
- Requires sitting and standing associated with a normal office environment.
- Manual dexterity needed for using a calculator and computer keyboard.
- Lightweight lifting may be required
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions