About IDEA Public Schools:
At IDEA Public Schools, we believe in college for ALL and we are committed to ensuring that all our students graduate from college. IDEA Public Schools has grown from a small school to the fastest-growing network of tuition-free Pre-K-12 public charter schools in the United States sending 100% of our students to college. 50% of our students graduate from college in 6 years – that’s 8 times the national rate for students in our communities!
IDEA was founded in 2000 as a single school with 150 students in the Rio Grande Valley. When interest exceeded building capacity, to meet the demands, IDEA’s co-founders committed to serving more students in the Rio Grande Valley of Texas and beyond. We now serve nearly 53,000 students across Texas and Louisiana. By 2022, IDEA will serve 100,000 students. Be on the lookout for IDEA schools opening near you—with continued growth in our current regions and new launches in Houston (2020), Permian Basin (2020), and Tampa Bay (2021)!
When you choose to work at IDEA, you are part of our IDEA Team and Family. You will work alongside team members who set and reach ambitious goals every day, are excited to continue to grow with IDEA, and work relentlessly to make college for all a reality.
To learn more about IDEA, check out this video .
About Tarrant County:
Tarrant County has long proved a magnet for families and young professionals looking to plant roots and create a home. Dallas-Fort Worth is ranked as #18 on the Best Places to Live list from U.S. News & World Report.
This fast-growing region has experienced a larger jump in its student population than any other North Texas County. Tarrant County is now home to nearly 400,000 school aged children, and growth is expected to continue for years to come. IDEA Achieve and IDEA Rise first opened their doors in August of 2019 to support the educational landscape in closing the gap for college matriculation.
Only 10% of Tarrant County students attend and complete college while IDEA alumni have a record of 41% matriculation. Changing this statistic is part of the promise IDEA makes to current and incoming students.
IDEA Relay Residents serve as full-time teaching residents in IDEA classrooms under the mentorship of top-performing teachers to gain experience in the classroom through a gradual onramp of responsibility. Additionally, residents will attend weekly evening and day-time classes with the Relay Graduate School of Education to gain the knowledge and practice the skills of effective teachers. In the second year of the program, successful residents will step into lead teaching roles with IDEA and continue their coursework toward gaining a Master of Arts in Teaching, as well as a Texas teaching certification.
- Assume responsibilities as a full-time co-teacher at IDEA, typically arriving at school at 7:00 AM and leaving around 5:00pm
- Attend all Relay evening classes and day-time Deliberate Practice sessions once a week as well as occasional Saturday school
- Support implementing IDEA curricula and assessments to meet ambitious academic expectations
- Support with grading, lesson planning, preparation of class materials and classroom management
- Track individual student’s progress and learning needs, adjust lesson plans accordingly and update grade book weekly
- Implement a clear and consistent behavior management system that aligns to campus- wide initiatives while developing students’ character and sense of community in the classroom
- Help shape and develop a school-wide culture that fosters a productive and enthusiastic learning environment for each student
We look for Team and Family who embody the following values and characteristics:
- Believes and is committed to our mission and being an agent of change: that all students are capable of getting to and through college
- Has demonstrated effective outcomes and results, and wants to be held accountable for them
- Has a propensity for action, willing to make mistakes by doing in order to learn and improve quickly
- Works with urgency and purpose to drive student outcomes
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial, high-growth environment; is comfortable with ambiguity and change
- Seeks and responds well to feedback, which is shared often and freely across all levels of the organization
- Works through silos and forges strong cross-departmental relationships in order to achieve outcomes
- We believe in education as a profession and hold ourselves to high level of conduct, professionalism and behaviors as models for our colleagues and students
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited four-year educational institution by July 1, 2020
- Minimum undergraduate GPA 2.75, 3.0 or higher preferred
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong time management with experience balancing multiple priorities
- Ability to come back from setbacks and remain positive in the face of challenges
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
- Flexibility and ability to adjust to changes and situations within the school environment
Relay Residents will receive:
- $30,000 salary
- Health benefits
- Paid Teacher Certification
- Paid Master of Arts in Teaching