As a Hardware Developer at IBM, you’ll get to work on the systems that are driving the quantum revolution and the AI era. Join an elite team of engineering professionals who enable IBM customers to make better decisions quicker on the most trusted hardware platform in today’s market.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are seeking dynamic and hardworking engineers with a growth mindset to enable our teams and suppliers to deliver quality products. Are you seeking an opportunity that helps you grow your career at an equal opportunity company like IBM?
This role entails working with technical teams encompassing suppliers, development, and manufacturing on early product development, qualification, quality management and also for ongoing production support. This role will enable your growth in several aspects of supply chain engineering such as: qualification, technology convergence, environmental compliance, process improvements, manufacturing assembly, manufacturing test, and quality support such as production yields, field performance, tooling, changes and product delivery. This role focuses on leading and developing technology roadmaps, communicating technical specifications and driving continuous quality improvement.
• Work closely with development, manufacturing, and project management teams to implement performance, quality and cost improvements. Work with project plans and timelines and communicate status to all stakeholders/partners.
• Seek out new and capable suppliers in support of product and business needs. Assess suppliers for their ability to fit IBM’s quality and business standards.
• Lead and support supplier audits by ensuring compliance to quality management system and regulatory requirements.
• Have the drive and resilience to work towards tackling complex issues using structured problem solving techniques.
• Implement cost optimization techniques to meet cost reduction objectives across all commodities and brands.
• Implement technical improvements for product design, manufacturing engineering fulfillment, system test and supplier process issues using root cause analysis and corresponding corrective and preventive actions.
• Opportunity to work on implementing leading edge data analytics tools, 3D Printing, Augmented Reality and blockchain technology to improve IBM’s supply chain.
Possible Locations Include (Based on demand):
- Poughkeepsie NY; Rochester MN; Research Triangle Park, NC; San Jose, CA
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
– Excellent written/verbal communication skills along with excellent interpersonal skills
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
Experience in leading teams, resolving difficult technical and/or process problems
Experience in performing Quality Audits
No matter where you work in IBM, you are making an impact. As an Early Professional with IBM, you will be taking on a key role with one of our industry-leading business units to work on the technology that is solving our most challenging problems and changing the way the world thinks
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work. In addition to a competitive benefits program consisting of medical and life insurance, retirement plans, and time off, eligible employees may also have access to:
·12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
·World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM’s learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
·Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
·Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
·Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
·Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
·Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
·Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.