Are you looking for a career that will allow you to use your unique blend of business acumen and tech savvy? Business Analysts at IBM are subject matter experts that build the bridge between our business and our clients, immersing themselves into the market to understand problems and find innovative solutions. Be ready to navigate the complex relationships that make the business world run and find the actionable insights that result in great business decisions.
Your Role and Responsibilities
START DATES FOR THIS POSITION ARE MAY 2022 AND LATER
The Entry Level Business Analyst takes business requirements from offering managers, and groups them into well-scoped feature increments for development teams. They take a lead role in building consensus around scope and risk and high-level estimates, so that there is a groomed backlog for development teams to elaborate into stories and technical approaches. The candidate for this position will perform business analysis and solution definition activities working across multiple teams and business functions to ensure that solutions are designed to fully meet market needs in all requirements dimensions – functional/non-functional, operational, architectural, etc. They will serve as subject matter expert on one or more domains or suites of products/offerings/solutions at the business unit or market segment level. They will ensure the market requirements are clearly translated into a product specification which provides clear scope to the product development team. The candidate will also be expected to interact with and present to various levels of management for various business functions
- Work closely with product/offering management, Business Solution Architects and product development to interview, research, analyze, and derive business, functional and technical requirements.
- Develop an in-depth understanding of the product and underlying data assets and models/methods.
- Working with relevant stakeholders, define the solution concept design for custom solutions leveraging platform components, reusable modules and existing product capabilities.
- Working with relevant stakeholders, create conceptual data models for the solutions.
- Working with product owners and other relevant stakeholders, help to clarify and translate market requirements into functional and non-functional specifications, and collaborate in the product development process.
- Assist in the planning process by making important tradeoff recommendations between functionality, resources and timing.
- Drive the user experience needs of the solution consistent with company standards.
- As needed, participate in the design and testing phases, including design and testing of prototypes and sign-off on acceptance test results to ensure design integrity.
- Collaborate with Operations and Account teams to understand documentation and training needs. Work with the appropriate teams to deliver the needed materials.
- Gain an understanding of implementation issues and product improvement opportunities.
- Provide leadership to the Business Analysis discipline including best practices.
- Working with other relevant stakeholders, help define standard work and processes and help roll these out to the organization
- Write Agile style requirements documentation, including features, user stories, epics, use cases, etc.
This is an office based position in an IBM location in either Cambridge, MA or Raleigh, NC, ONLY!
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience/Understanding in the Healthcare IT industry, Business Analysis discipline and Agile product development environments, including software development life cycle and related management tools
- Think creatively and contribute to both strategic and tactical decisions.
- Think analytically, define problems and frame solutions.
- Understand and interact with technically-oriented team members.
- Interact with internal and external customers to interpret product requirements.
- Demonstrated leadership skills, including experience in facilitation, influencing, and conflict resolution.
- Detail oriented, proactive, able to set realistic client expectations, take vague directions/guidance and create meaningful outcomes, and deliver at or above expectations
- Juggle competing priorities, multi-task, and continue to meet all deadlines
- Create accurate spreadsheets in Excel and presentations in PowerPoint.
- Eagerness to learn new skills and tackle new problems.
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- 0-2 years work experience
- Master’s in Computer Engineering or similar discipline
IBM’s Cloud and Cognitive software business is committed to bringing the power of IBM’s Cloud and Watson/AI technologies to life for our clients and ecosystem partners around the world. IBM provides you with the most comprehensive and consistent approach to development, security and operations across hybrid environments—with complete software solutions for business and IT operations, development, data science, security, and management. Our experts and software capabilities help organizations develop applications once and deploy them anywhere, integrate security across the breadth of their IT estate, and automate operations with management visibility. With IBM, you also have access to new skills and methods, governance and management approaches, and a deep ecosystem of industry experts and partners.
Are you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world’s most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it’s time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
It’s time to define your career.
IBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.
Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business.
At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
Supplemental 1 employees may be eligible for paid holidays, paid sick time and Employee Stock Purchase Plan. We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
IBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.