At IBM, work is more than a job – it’s a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you’ve never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world’s most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
Your Role and Responsibilities
We are looking for an intern that is highly creative, analytical, and dynamic to join our Research Talent Program Team. This individual will have the opportunity to lead, build, shape, and influence our internship program experiences for our research interns on a global scale. We are looking for someone with a passion for social media, a growth mindset, compassion for our interns, combined with a strong analytical background.
• This individual will help manage our social media presence internally and externally
• Will partner with our data lead by driving meaningful insights and can form a narrative using the data
• Will help lead and facilitate intern events
• Will interact regularly with our interns; can relate to our interns and keep a pulse on what’s working well and opportunities for improvement
• Will work closely with the talent program team on process improvement; creating more efficiencies
Required Technical and Professional Expertise
• Experience planning large scale events
• Familiarity and passion for social media platforms
• Experience crafting communications and marketing events on a broad scale
• Demonstrates the ability to create efficiencies and automate
• Possess excellent communication skills
• Knowledge of recruiting and hiring best practices
• Strong analytics and data background; can drive meaningful insights and quickly present the data to high level executive audiences
• Experience with Microsoft PowerPoint
• Ability to effectively communicate across several teams and stakeholders
Start and end dates for this Internship are during Summer 2022 (3 months) at IBM Research.
In order to be eligible for an IBM internship or co-op, students (candidates) must be enrolled at an accredited college or university during the internship/co-op, must be in good standing at their school and must not have graduated prior to the end of the internship (i.e., you must be returning to school following internship completion).
Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
• Ability to code and manage large sets of data
• Machine learning techniques
• Programming language(s) such as Python
• Marketing experience in media (ie. video creation)
• Human Resources, Marketing, or Communications major/background