IBM is a global cognitive and cloud company changing the way the world works. We foster a culture of creative, innovative thinkers; people who are curious about how technology can transform businesses and impact the world. Our consultants are part of IBM Services where we engage with clients across every industry to deliver technology-driven solutions. We cultivate a diverse, inclusive, global team of people who want to pioneer, reimagine and disrupt the future. Here’s where you come in. We’re looking for passionate, original thinkers who want to drive progress, grow their network and further their careers. If you see yourself as someone who never stops learning, who believes no problem is too big to solve, and who wants to unleash your potential, IBM Services is for you. As an Associate, you’ll be a part of client-facing teams as a consultant, developer, designer, data scientist, technical specialist or project manager to help businesses change the way they work. Our clients' technical and business needs are constantly evolving. We’re hiring inspired, talented individuals eager to apply their knowledge and perspective to challenging work that evolves industries and our world. We prioritize ongoing learning, development of technical skills, and continuous personal growth, all grounded in a culture of coaching and apprenticeship.
Your Role and Responsibilities
As an Associate Designer, you’ll focus on customer and employee strategies that explore opportunities to improve digital innovation, addressing user needs and designing world-class digital experiences.You’ll create user experience designs and prototypes to test your ideas. You'll share your knowledge and collaborate with your team to address ambiguous, complex problems and projects. Applying User Experience, Design Thinking, and Information Architecture methods, you’ll help to uncover user and business requirements in the context of the technical landscape. Join us, as we are a next generation services company dedicated to creating transformative ideas that get our clients into the future, first.
Work you could do as an Associate Designer:
- UX and UI work such as: creating wireframes, visual interfaces and prototypes; annotating the wireframes; collaborating with other designers, researchers, consultants and developers; making sure the interaction is getting recorded and addressed correctly
- Conduct user research leveraging IBM Enterprise Design Thinking and do direct user research as part of managing a project.
- Lead client interactions related to design thinking workshops
- Supporting a Senior Designer on UX and UI production tasks, getting and incorporating the feedback, and working very closely with developers and testers on a day-to-day basis.
- Visual Design work, such as creating delightful concepts and exploring art of the possible, creating mock-ups and prototypes from sketches and wireframes, working closely with clients, senior designers, front-end developers to implement dynamic human-centered digital solutions.
- Create storyboards, layouts, impactful presentations, graphics, data visualizations, and other design artifacts in preparation for client meetings or product development.
- Participate in design workshops, incorporate input from multiple stakeholders, communicate conceptual ideas and design rationale, outline digital experiences screen by screen, working with front-end development teams.
- Graphic Design, Web Design, Graphic Art, Fine Arts, Human Computer Interaction
- Required Professional and Technical Expertise
- Professional or University-based design experience with a portfolio representing design artifacts and associated projects
- Experience working with design tools such as Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD), Sketch, InVision, as well as communication and workflow platforms like Slack, JIRA, Workfront
- Understanding of the principles and methods for human-centered design including user research, rapid ideation and iteration, prototyping, and user testing.
- Background in Human-Computer Interaction / User Experience methodologies, Graphic Design, Visual art desired
- Ability to communicate design approaches and complex situations clearly and simply (via voice, words, and pictures), listen actively, and convey difficult messages in a positive manner
- Preferred Professional and Technical Expertise
- Demonstrated accountability and adaptability with willingness to readily and voluntarily take ownership of highly challenging tasks and problems, even beyond initial scope of responsibility
- Thorough, design-focused, and analytical with the capability to apply logic to solve problems
- Possesses deep empathy for users and their needs, humility to recognize the limits of assumptions, and boldness in the conception of solutions
- Effective interpersonal skills with ability to collaborate and work with individuals, strengthening relationships to achieve win-win solutions
- A passion for innovative ideas, coupled with the ability to understand and assimilate different points of view
- Willingness to travel up to 100% of the time.
New York, NY
About Business Unit
IBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
Your Life @ IBM
What matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge? Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.