Humana's Summer 2020 IT Internship Program
Location: Louisville, KY
Scope: This internship program is for current college students only. The internship will take place during the summer of 2020. This is a paid position and housing is provided.
Work Eligibility: Humana does not provide visa sponsorship or OPT/CPT for our summer internship. For example, this would mean you are either a U.S. citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or in Refugee or Asylee status and do not require visa sponsorship to be eligible.
The IT organization at Humana has several areas with Internship opportunities. Read below to learn more about potential opportunities.
IT Solution Engineering (ITSE):
• ITSE focuses on the development and release of systems and applications. As an intern in this space, you have the opportunity to develop technical solutions through programming, requirements gathering, and eventual product release. Past interns have utilized a wide variety of technologies – working in areas focused on mobile, web, dashboard, data and advanced analytics.
IT Infrastructure (ITI):
• IT Infrastructure provides and supports Humana’s infrastructure, including network and data center implementation and support, cloud infrastructure, infrastructure automation, and database services; these services support IT development efforts and Humana business overall. As an intern in this space, you have the opportunity to develop technical solutions that affect the entire company such as infrastructure solutions design, software defined network implementation, automation of operations, and database design and support. Past interns have helped develop processes, training, and implementation for the automation center of excellence.
IT Strategy & Service Assurance (ITSSA):
• IT Finance interns have the opportunity to gain exposure to the unique world of finance within the rapidly changing IT space. As the Technology world moves from a physical IT location model to the Cloud, the financial treatment of costs is changing as well. The intern role will gain a deeper understanding of when IT spend is capitalized and when it is expensed, how we use assumptions on IT spend to estimate budget impact, as well as how we model processes to incorporate these assumptions in the current and future year budget. Daily responsibilities will include but not be limited to validating contractor spend for payment, reconciling the appropriate spend reflecting in project actuals and assisting across the IT Finance team with financial tracking of contractual commitments.
Enterprise Information Protection (EIP):
• EIP is Humana’s Cyber Security department. As an intern in EIP you will have the opportunity to work with cyber security specialists and learn how Humana protects user and member data against cyber threats and hackers. Past interns have helped to define and implement security controls, worked with security technology and have supported security operations and risk management.Based on the above, you can share your preference with your college programs recruiter – but this is not required and does not guarantee placement in a given space.You can learn more by visiting our Facebook Page to review videos, pictures, program information and more! There is also a college programs recruiter available to answer any questions you have. Just use the message feature on the group and someone will be happy to get back with you.
Link to FB Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/HumanaITCollegePrograms/
- Collaborate with experienced professionals
- Broaden and apply classroom knowledge
- Network with Humana’s IT leaders
- Part-time opportunities extending beyond summer
- Competitive summer pay
- Paid Housing
- Full-time placement opportunities after successful completion of Program
- Have an interest in pursuing a technology-focused career
- Be a current student (3- 6 minimum credit hours) pursuing a degree related to the technology field (Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Management Information Systems, etc)
- Knowledge and understanding of current information and software development technologies and concepts
- Available to work full-time in Louisville, KY for FULL 12 Weeks during the summer program
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work well with others in a team environment
- Humana does not provide visa sponsorship or OPT/CPT for our summer internship. For example, this would mean you are either a U.S. citizen, a Lawful Permanent Resident, or in Refugee or Asylee status and do not require visa sponsorship to be eligible
- Previous internship and/or work experience a plusOverall GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be actively involved on-campus and/or in the community with verifiable extracurricular activities and/or clubs
- Strong interest in the Healthcare industry with a passion for helping others Scheduled Weekly Hours 40