Business Development Associate, Hanover Research – Entry Level
What does a Business Development Associate do?
- Prospect – Research and strategize how to market Hanover to companies and decision-makers that can say “yes” to partnering.
- Outreach – Use cold email and phone outreach to secure new business conversations with for-profit companies, K-12 school districts, or higher education universities and colleges.
- Organize – Build organizational and time management skills as you maintain a territory, ongoing outreach, and your assigned Sales Director’s calendar.
- Collaborate – Help your assigned Sales Director manage the sales pipeline and achieve annual revenue goals by engaging prospects throughout the steps of the sales cycle.
Why be a Business Development Associate?
- Growth and Mentorship – Be mentored by an experienced sales director, collaborate with tenured peers, and gain consistent exposure to Hanover’s top executives.
- Advancement and Earning Potential – Opportunity to make $50-$60k annually. Additionally, top performers often experience an accelerated promotion track beyond the Associate role to higher earning positions within the first 14-18 months.
- Office Perks – Friendly work environment, free snacks, monthly incentives (including D.C. sporting events, days off, monetary bonuses), 6 weeks PTO including paid holidays and monthly community service opportunities.
- Make Connections and build a network – Build a professional network and lifelong connections by collaborating with peers and mentors every day. #HanoverFamily.
- Challenge yourself every day – Associates use critical thinking and advanced strategy to apply research solutions and effectively market Hanover to a diverse set of organizations and prospects.
- Business Skills – Strategically manage a territory, handle objections, and sell to top executives and leaders in the country (Presidents, CEOs, VPs, Superintendents, etc.). Example clients: Wayfair, Georgetown University, BIC, and UVA (just to name a few).
What makes an associate successful?
- Confident – You are a confident “go getter” comfortable engaging with all levels of business professionals.
- Goal Oriented – You are motivated by clear metrics and thrive in a friendly competitive environment.
- Driven – You’re excited by the opportunity to make a lasting impact on one of AMA’s Top Market Research companies and influence the success of for-profit businesses, K-12 and/or Higher Education institutions across the country.
- Tenacious – You refuse to let objections slow you down and are looking to fast-track your career and move into more senior roles.
Location: Arlington, VA
- Requirements: Bachelor’s degree from an accredited academic institution.
- 0 – 2 years of full-time or part-time sales experience; previous leadership, professional, or internship experience.
What is Hanover Research?
Hanover Research is a global research and analytics firm that provides high quality custom research to clients through an annual, fixed-fee model. The company primarily focuses on serving for-profit companies, higher education institutions, and K-12 school districts. Our status as one of the fastest growing market research firms in the industry is driven by our commitment to client success and focus on internal employee development, respect, and encouragement.
What are previous Associates saying?
“I chose to begin my career as a sales associate with Hanover Research for a few reasons; number one being the meritocratic nature of the role and the organization. The Business Development Associate position really is a role where you can define your own levels of success by how much effort you put into your outreach and territory. Hard work and an appetite for knowledge are reciprocated by more success, larger commission payouts, and accelerated career development. That said, I’m also a huge fan of the collegiate work environment and culture of the Business Development Associate group at Hanover.
In summary, the Business Development Associate role at Hanover is a great place for folks looking to start their careers in highly driven, fast paced work environment where learning is encouraged and opportunities for career development are abundant.”
– Cameron Manley
How to Apply
If you are interested in the prospect of working for a dynamic, growing company, we encourage you to submit your cover letter, resume and writing sample to: https://hanoverresearchcareers.catsone.com/careers/849-General
Hanover Research is an Equal Opportunity Employer, providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, compensation, training, promotion, transfer, leaves of absence, and termination.