Home Provider Specialist – Social Services Worker 3 (2304-12) 2 vacancies
Deadline to Apply:
September 14, 2020
Hamilton County Job and Family Services
222 East Central Parkway
Cincinnati, OH 45202
80 Hours Bi-Weekly
$16.73 an hour
NOTE: Applicants for positions with Hamilton County Job and Family Services are subject to background screening in accordance with the document: “Offenses that May Disqualify Candidates for Employment.” Convictions from this list may disqualify a candidate for employment with HCJFS.
Requirements (Education, Experience, Licensure, Certification):
- Completion of a B.A or B.S. in a social services (psychology, sociology, political science), criminal justice, human services, liberal arts, or business related field.
- Or Associates degree in social services, human services, liberal arts, or business related field PLUS 2 years experience in a social services related field.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES: (*Indicates developed after employment)
Knowledge of : public relations; office practices and procedures; agency policies and procedures*; government structure and process; counseling; interviewing; social sciences (sociology, psychology, criminal justice, social work).
Ability to: write meangingful, concise and accurate reports, define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions; maintain all necessary program documentation; make appointments; gather, collate and classify information about data, people or things; handle sensitive inquiries from and contacts with officials and general public.
ESSENTIAL JOB FACTORS:
Must have a valid driver’s license issued by the state of residency, automobile liability insurance, and roadworthy car which can be used on the job.
Must have cell phone availability during working hours-Cell phone stipend eligible.
AGENCY PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
Prior work experience in early childhood education and or child growth and development.
LICENSURE AND CERTIFICATION REQUIREMENTS:
POSITION SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS:
Standing entire length of home visit (an hour or longer); conducts home visits during warmest months of the year (no air conditioning) significant walking during home visit, and frequent walking to and from court; frequently enter and exit motor vehicle; frequently climbing and descending stairs; sitting for extended period while driving; able to quickly exit hazardous/dangerous situations that could involve violent clients, violent relatives, vicious animals, insects, rodents, unstable structures, etc.
Job Duties (Summary):
- Independently surveys, monitors, evaluates and inspects licensed child care home providers and their home based business operation which includes initial, annual and interim inspection visits evaluates, monitors, and provides on-going supervision of licensed home providers. Responsible for timely completion of all initial. annual and interim visits as assigned, in addition to timely updates in all required computer systems. Interprets federal and state regulations and local laws. Responsible for compliance of licensed providers with federal, state, and local laws and takes regulatory action on non-compliance. Responsible for observing interaction of home provider with children in the home. Also responsible for monitoring and evaluating programming and equipment in provider’s home child care setting and making recommendations for corrective action as needed. Responds to problems encountered in the family child care home setting and provides assistance as needed. Responsible for providing on-going consultation services and supervising the service delivery by on-site visits and monitoring user feedback.
- Maintains caseload in a timely and accurate manner by use of an integrated computerized data collection system by direct data entry which includes demographics, background, training, histories, placement tracking, events screen, evaluations, payment reconciliation and other supportive data for compliance with federal, state and local requirements. Responsible for establishing and maintaining communications with internal department staff, community and governmental agencies.
- Attends necessary training and meetings as required.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.