Join the Hack.Diversity Movement to build a more inclusive, innovative, and prosperous Boston. We partner with the city’s fastest growing tech teams to identify, develop, and equip high-performing talent — who predominantly identify as Black or Latinx/e/a/o — to launch careers as software engineers, data analysts, and mechanical engineers within the innovation economy.
Please apply using this link: bit.ly/hack-apply2022
NOTE – This program requires candidates be able to travel to Boston or the greater Boston area. While the majority of the Fellowship will be virtual, there will be required in-person events in the Winter and Spring, and some Fellows will be matched to an for an on-site internship in the summer. At this time, we are not able to enroll candidates who cannot engage in person.
Please direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Priority Deadline: September 1st (for decision by Sept. 15th)
- Regular Deadline: November 1st
- Interviews for early applications will take place before 9/15
- Interviews for regular decision will happen mid-November
Program Timeline (~20 hours per month):
- December/January virtual onboarding & offer signing
- January start – one full day Saturday Orientation session
- Feb-May programming (one half-day workshop per month, weekly to bi-weekly mentor meetings, required office hours, technical group project work)
- Internship Application, Interview, and Offers (not guaranteed) will happen between April & May
- If matched to an internship, internships will be required to work 40 hours/week for roughly 12 weeks in the Summer
- If not matched, Fellows will continue to have office hours, mentorship, and job placement trainings
- Fellowship graduation in late August
**Hack.Diversity thanks you for taking the time to learn about our mission, apply, and take the steps to launch your career in technology. We understand the application process may be intimidating – please know we are here to help you succeed and are always happy to answer questions about the program, our mission, or internships. It’s time to Hack Boston Tech and we can’t wait to meet you.**
Who should apply?
Candidates matching the following:
· Identify as Black or Latinx
· Pursuing careers in software engineering, data analytics, or mechanical engineering
· At least 12-18 months of technical foundation in relevant track (i.e. coding language, data software, etc.)
· 3.0 GPA or above preferred
· Available to dedicate 20 hrs/month between January – May 2022 to participate in Hack.Diversity programming, including virtual and in-person workshops and events in the Greater Boston, MA area
· Available to dedicate 40 hrs/week between June – August 2022 to participate in Hack.Diversity programming including virtual and in-person workshops and events in the Greater Boston, MA area