Grand Central Publishing is looking for a Marketing Design Assistant to join our marketing department to create digital and print content and materials. The design work created will support marketing efforts for a wide range of titles and vary from designed content for social media platforms to advertising, packaging, promotional items, and other print collateral. This role works closely with the marketing team translating ideas into compelling visual designs that promote our books, authors, and brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Work under the supervision of the Director of Digital Marketing and Content Strategy to design and manage projects across print and digital platforms
- Work collaboratively with marketing teams to conceptualize projects and execute designs effectively and efficiently
- Design engaging social media content including infographics, shareable graphics, animated gifs, eblasts, online ads, etc., while being aware of file constraints and specifications unique to various social platforms
- Design corporate presentations and pitch packets in PowerPoint
- Design sales and marketing materials for conventions and cons, including large-scale banners, posters, digital ads, and program advertising
- Keep current with trends and best practices in social media, web development, email marketing, advertising, and mobile strategies
- Research and recommend compelling digital content that increases consumer engagement and acquisition across web and social channels
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Up to date and fluent with industry leading software and technologies (Adobe Suite, etc.)
- Packaging files for print and digital
- Knowledge of and interest in current and forward-thinking graphic design trends in digital, print, and motion graphics
- Working knowledge of Adobe Premiere Pro and After Effects not required, but preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially in PowerPoint
- Creative, adaptable, highly organized, motivated, and possessing a strong work ethic
- Ability to prioritize, problem solve, and multi-task to keep numerous projects on track in a fast-moving environment
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills with the ability to present concepts, results, and actionable plans to colleagues, clients, and vendors
- Up-to-date knowledge of digital marketing best practices, tactics, and strategies
- Experience using project management platforms such as Asana, Basecamp, etc. a plus
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $45,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.