Little, Brown Books for Young Readers, a division of Hachette Book Group, seeks a Marketing Assistant to join our collaborative and enthusiastic Integrated Marketing team. This role reports to the Marketing Manager.
- Support Marketing Manager and Executive Director of Marketing
- Contribute to marketing campaign brainstorming and content creation
- Project manage and write copy for marketing collateral, including promotional items, advertising, graphics, and downloadable resources
- Assist with planning and execution of retailer and catalog advertising, retailer assets, ebook promotions, metadata, preorder tracking, and competitive analysis
- In partnership with the Digital Marketing Assistant, photograph finished books
- Contribute to the NOVL YA community by participating in videos, in-person events, and other fan engagement efforts
- Write posts, quizzes, and other content for the NOVL and LBYR blogs
- Partner with other Integrated Marketing teams and departments, including Creative Services, Publicity, School & Library, Editorial, and Sales
- Organize, prepare materials for, and actively participate in meetings
- Handle administrative responsibilities for the team
- Interest in book publishing, with a particular enthusiasm for children’s and young adult books
- Proficiency in PowerPoint, Excel, Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop), and photography
- Experience with video editing (Premiere), CMS (WordPress, Squarespace), or other relevant tools a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work within a fast-paced, deadline-observant, and collaborative environment
- Proactive problem solver who is creative, positive, goal-driven, and detail-oriented
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $45,000. Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills, experience, and location — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.