The Marketing Assistant provides administrative & project support for James Patterson books and publications.
The position will work closely with the Marketing Director to create high-impact marketing and publicity campaigns for James Patterson adult titles from Little, Brown and Company. The assistant will also support the managers on James Patterson’s pro-reading philanthropic initiatives. The ideal candidate has a strong work ethic, and an ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist with high profile author appearances and publicity campaigns
- Assisting with title marketing campaigns including trade marketing, digital marketing, retailer marketing, and school & library marketing initiatives
- In partnership with the marketing team, creating and updating content for the James Patterson and JIMMY Patterson websites, social media, newsletters, and communities
- Coordinating award submissions and managing database for tracking awards
- Creating email blasts sharing advertising and marketing recaps
- Providing ongoing administrative support including mailing books, coding invoices, tracking budgets, and scheduling meetings
- Create and coordinate promotional materials, such as press releases and press kits
- Assist with award submissions and manages database for tracking awards
- Assist with coordinating trade show and conference presence
- Provide ongoing administrative support including mailing books, coding invoices, tracking budgets, making travel arrangements and scheduling meetings
- Coordinate book giveaways across a variety of digital platforms
- Execute monthly data review and analysis for digital campaign and website performance using Google Analytics
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Marketing/publicity/publishing internship or equivalent work experience
- Excellent organizational skills and impeccable attention to detail
- Ability to manage numerous projects at once
- Ability to work independently, prioritize effectively, and meet quick deadlines
- Strong interpersonal skills, & ability to multi-task successfully
- Superb verbal and written communication skills, internet savvy, and knowledge of the media
- Interest in and enthusiasm for book publishing, marketing and publicity
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Proficient in Adobe Creative suite
- Working knowledge of social media (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, Snap Chat, Tik Tok, Tumblr, etc.)
How to apply: In order to be considered, all candidates must submit both a resume AND cover letter.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $45,000. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.