The Editorial Assistant is responsible for providing editorial and administrative support to the Publisher of Twelve Books, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing. Twelve strives to publish singular books, by authors who have unique perspectives, diverse, often under-represented backgrounds, and compelling authority. Our mission is to provide a consummate publishing experience for our authors, one truly devoted to thoughtful partnership and cutting-edge promotional sophistication that reaches as many readers as possible. For readers, we aim to spark that rare reading experience—one that opens doors, transports, and possibly changes their outlook on our ever-changing world.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write catalog, cover and promotional copy and preparing fact sheets
- Prepare contract requests and process payments
- Communicate with authors and agents about queries, payments, etc.
- Traffic editorial projects through Production, Copyediting, and Marketing, and secure appropriate approvals
- Enter title data into proprietary databases system and track data throughout publishing process
- Creates dynamic written content for social media and engages in social media presence on new and emerging platforms
- Read and report on manuscripts, proposals and books submitted for publication
- Coordinate meetings and events, including Sales Conference and Trade Shows
- Perform administrative duties, including: photocopying, sorting mail, filing, directing/responding to phone calls, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Demonstrated knowledge of and interest in literature
- An ability to attend to details and juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel and databases
- Polished communication skills & interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s degree in English or related field preferred
- Prior publishing or other editorial work experience preferred
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Our publishing programs must reflect the broad range of backgrounds, experiences, political views and ideas that shape our society and publish books for all readers.
Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Salary will vary based on a number of factors including skills and experience — talk with your recruiter to learn more. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.