We’re looking for someone enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the romance category to join our dynamic team at Forever, an imprint of Grand Central Publishing. The Editorial Assistant is responsible for providing editorial and administrative support to an Executive Editor and an Editor within the Forever team.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Log, read, and report on manuscripts and proposals submitted for publication
- Communicate with authors and agents about general questions, schedules, payments, etc.
- Prepare title fact sheets with key selling points and comparative titles
- Enter title data into proprietary database system and track data throughout the publishing process
- Run weekly sales reports
- Prepare edited manuscripts for transmittal to managing editorial
- Prepare deal memos, contract requests, and process payments
- Prepare pre-acquisition materials, including profit-and-loss statements
- Perform administrative duties, including photocopying, meeting scheduling, mailing, expense reports, etc.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Demonstrated knowledge of the romance category and a keen eye for trends in the genre
- An ability to juggle multiple priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong writing skills
- Solid computer skills, including MS Word, Excel, and databases
- Knowledge of social media, such as Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram
- Polished communication & interpersonal skills
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT / COMPENSATION & BENEFITS DISCLOSURE:
As a leading book publisher, we believe that including and representing diverse voices in all aspects of our business is fundamental to what we do. Hachette Book Group provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
This position has a compensation of $45,000. Our comprehensive U.S. benefit offerings include medical, dental, vision, life insurance, LTD, 401(k), and more.