Green Chimneys School offers a fully integrated approach that includes a complete staff of educators, clinicians, social workers, therapists, farm and wildlife experts, and outdoor specialists who are trained in social skills development, behavior management techniques to assist students in self-regulation skills, and crisis prevention and intervention. The Green Chimneys School Social Worker will serve as a member of the interdisciplinary team by evaluating and coordinating services for children and families both on campus and in their communities. Responsibilities include assessing and formulating service plans and applying therapy modalities with a focus on strengths-based, psychosocial treatment, advocating for the students in and out of both the agency setting, and providing discharge planning as necessary.
• Provide needed preventive services to students and families including, but not limited to, individual and group counseling, crisis intervention, referrals, and advocacy.
• Assess ongoing service and treatment needs of students.
• Maintain current and accurate electronic health record for students.
• Provide direct and indirect Social Work services specified in the student’s IEP.
• Take a leading role in discharge planning when appropriate.
• Participate in clinical in-service training.
• Adhere to the Code of Ethics of organizations such as NASW.
• Provide coordination and supervision at arrival and dismissal times as needed.
• Assessments/emotional status of students as needed.
• Work with community agencies and outside treatment providers.
• Attend CSE/PPT meetings, Case Conferences, department meetings, and required trainings.
• Communicate with appropriate members of the interdisciplinary team and the agency administration so that all available resources are utilized to meet the needs of students and families.
• Be available in person or by telephone for emergencies during the school day.
• Meet with supervising social worker for supervision as needed.
• Be available at lunchtime to reinforce positive behaviors of students with special time with their social worker and reinforce the development of social/life skills.
Starting Salary: $46,020 – $55,085 per year