Granite Background & History
Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications Solutions Providers for businesses and government facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.5 Billion in revenue (zero debt) with 2,000 employees and is headquartered out of Quincy, MA. We have Regional offices located in West Palm Beach, Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Philadelphia and Rhode Island.
Our mission is to be the leading Telecommunications Company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $80 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
Granite was rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” for nine consecutive years in a row (2007-2015). Plus over the last four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) Granite has been awarded the Top Workplaces Award. With the astounded accomplishment of winning the EIS government bid in 2017, Granite is looking to pave a profound future for itself in not only the private sector, but also in the public sector.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
As the Offer Management Pricing Review Analyst you will be responsible for helping maintain the high level of billing accuracy that Granite is known for, while assisting to resolve all customer pricing discrepancies and questions, revolved around previous provided proposals and new proposals. You will be tasked with preparing for and helping manage Granite’s day to day billing questions, steamed from Sales Department, Client Services Department and Customers directly; this requires one to be an analytical thinker and one must like to problem solve.
A Pricing Review Analyst’s main task is to investigate, resolve and ensure understanding of any incoming customer pricing questions. To complete this task, a Pricing Review Analyst will have to dissect a customer’s past invoices for discrepancies, plus previous quoted analysis, and work with internal departments to ensure a fix is in place. During this process, a Pricing Review Analyst will create reporting to explain validity of charges, advise on new customer pricing, find saving opportunities to fully satisfy a customer’s request, produce accurate margin analysis’, speak with executives for pricing approval, as well as potentially join customer calls. The Pricing Review Analyst will negotiate a price that will be reasonable for both the customer, while protecting Granite’s financial interests.
A Pricing Review Analyst secondary task will be supporting and executing newly negotiated Master Service Legal Agreements to our billing platform, as well as assist with onboarding of new customers and their specified pricing structure, to ensure a perfect first invoice.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Meet requested customer and internal deadlines while ensuring all issues are addressed and resolved
- Communicate effectively throughout requests to customers as well as internal departments
- Ability to work on multiple requests simultaneously by prioritizing important milestones within each request
- Create and pull detailed invoicing reports to use for analysis and summarize conclusions
- Utilize understanding of Granite’s product offerings to quickly decipher billing discrepancies and savings opportunities
- Complete accurate margin analysis for pricing reviews
- Take on customer calls, while providing superb customer service
- Execute legal agreements to our billing platform
- Assist with onboarding new customers and their specific pricing agreements
- Track special conditions for pricing and agreements
- Manage all quoted databases
- Assist with the start of the ordering process, by properly identifying scope of work quoted, once a deal has been closed won, on Granite’s platform.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work independently as well as in a group
- Strong analytical and data analysis abilities
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure and to meet project deadlines
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Excellent multi-tasking, interpersonal, communication & organizational skills
- Ability to self-motivate, both for task completion and knowledge increase
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment with proven ability to prioritize and multi-task
- SQL and PowerPivot knowledge
- Previous billing position
- Salesforce experience