Granite is one of the premier Telecommunications Solutions Providers for businesses and government facilities across the United States and Canada. We provide exceptional customized service with an emphasis on reliability and outstanding customer support. Granite has over $1.65 Billion in revenue (zero debt) with 2,200 employees and is headquartered out of Quincy, MA. We have Regional offices located in West Palm Beach, Washington DC, New York City, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, Orlando, Philadelphia and Rhode Island.
Our mission is to be the leading Telecommunications Company wherever we offer services as well as provide an environment where the value of each individual is recognized and where each person has the opportunity to further their growth and achieve success.
Granite’s philanthropy is unparalleled with over $80 million in donations to organizations such as Dana Farber Cancer Institute, The ALS Foundation, and the Alzheimer’s Association to name a few.
Granite was rated by Inc. Magazine as one of the “Fastest Growing Companies” for nine consecutive years in a row (2007-2015). Plus over the last four consecutive years (2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019) Granite has been awarded the Top Workplaces Award. With the astounded accomplishment of winning the EIS government bid in 2017, Granite is looking to pave a profound future for itself in not only the private sector, but also in the public sector.
If you are a highly motivated individual who wants to grow your career with a fast paced and progressive company, Granite has countless opportunities for you.
General Summary of Position:
Granite has a need for a DevOps Engineer to work on supporting new and existing software systems for our fast growing organization. We are looking for a developer with knowledge in object-oriented software design, delivery and support for web & Windows based applications. This individual will be responsible for troubleshooting our legacy applications written in C#, VB.NET and classic ASP as well as new applications written in MVC, WCF, JQuery etc. This position offers a talented developer a chance to work with the latest development tools and have a major impact on the fastest growing company in the telecommunications industry!
The right candidate will be a self-starter, able to work independently or as a team member. Must be able to thrive in a fast paced environment and learn new technologies quickly. This is a growing company where you will be able to have a significant impact on our internal processes and get a chance to add directly to the goals of the organization.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with our Development Team and IT Solutions Analysts as we leverage Microsoft Team Foundation Server and Azure DevOps Server to track requirements, support incidents, code changes, and releases.
- Assist in various DevOps related initiatives.
- Assist in setting up Application Monitoring tools like AppDynamics, SolarWinds, and others. Diagnose flaws and performance issues in systems using these APM tools.
- Assist in the maintenance of our existing applications. This work will diminish as we develop and implement our next generation code.
- Troubleshoot issues in our legacy applications which are written in C#, VB.NET and classic ASP. These applications run on our servers and provide the backbone for our systems.
- Check logs of our key systems proactively to identify issues before they are reported by the business.
- Knowledge of OOP Concepts and Component Design
- Knowledge of .NET Technologies (ASP.NET, MVC, VB.NET, C#, WCF)
- Knowledge of SQL
- Problem solving, coding, unit testing and debugging skills
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain a Public Trust Security Clearance
- Familiar with JQuery, AngularJS, Bootstrap
- Familiar with Microsoft Team Foundation Server, Azure DevOps Server
- Familiar with Application Monitoring tools like AppDynamics, SolarWinds
- Familiar with telecommunications business and/or order management applications