Are you mission-driven and looking to grow your career? Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA) has the employment opportunity for you! In this full-time, entry-level, remote* Membership Recruitment Specialist role, you will leverage relationship-building skills and sales techniques to expand awareness of the Girl Scout movement to reach and recruit new girl and adult members.
Reporting to the Director of Membership Recruitment, the results-driven and sales-oriented Membership Recruitment Specialist is responsible for developing and executing recruitment strategies south of Boston to include the communities of Canton, Quincy, Brockton, Marshfield, and Kingston.
The Membership Recruitment Specialist will leverage sales techniques to reach membership goals and is responsible for securing community partnerships to support new member recruitment campaigns, and adult volunteer and girl participation, through multiple pathways in order to implement Girl Scouting in GSEMA’s footprint.
* After COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted, the Membership Recruitment Specialist will also travel within communities served and at designated GSEMA offices and properties, as needed.
Education, Skills, and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience.
- Work experience in membership sales, community organizing, sales, or other relevant/transferable experience.
- Ability to work with individuals of diverse backgrounds and ages, and accept the Girl Scout commitment to work with all without regard to age, race, ethnicity/culture, country of origin, religion, language, socio-economic status, gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, neurodiversity, ability or political affiliation.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office software; adept at utilizing social networking; experience using Salesforce or demonstrated ability to learn and become proficient with new technology.
- Familiarity with digital marketing promotions, online groups and pages, parenting blogs, and event calendars.
- Strong public relations skills and ability to develop community collaborations; able to relate well to both adults and children.
- Must be able to communicate clearly orally and in writing.
- Capacity to, independently and as part of a team, plan, organize and prioritize work, while managing multiple deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Bilingual skill is desirable.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends, and be willing to travel throughout the council.
- Must have access to reliable transportation to perform the duties of the job.
- Requires transporting supplies to a variety of partners; ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds.
Work Environment: This is a remote position with work from home, in communities served and at designated GSEMA offices or properties, as needed.
- Ability to lift and manipulate up to 15 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation.
- May involve prolonged periods of sitting or working on a computer.
Travel Required: Travel 90% within a designated region and 10% outside the region.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts offers a competitive benefits package including generous paid time off, health and dental insurance, training opportunities, and much more.
Can’t wait to join our team? To apply, submit your resume and cover letter with salary expectations by visiting:
We’re Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts (GSEMA). For over 100 years, Girl Scouts has empowered girls to lead, break barriers, and create positive change. Girl Scouts’ powerful all-girl space fosters collaboration over competition and inspires girls to go beyond dreaming to actual doing. We offer amazing opportunities for forward-thinking, talented individuals who share our vision of helping girls and young women change the world for the better. Join our team of dedicated professionals and make a difference in girls’ lives! To learn more about our Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, visit www.gsema.org.
Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. At Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts, we strive to create transformative learning experiences and leadership opportunities for all girls. The threads of diversity and inclusion are woven tightly into our mission of supporting and nurturing girls of courage, confidence, and character.
We hold firm in our belief that a culture of diversity and inclusion promotes unity, creates personal and professional growth opportunities for our employees, and supports safety and transformation for our volunteers and girls of all backgrounds.
Diversity and Inclusion is more than an initiative; it’s a set of shared values that defines the fabric of our mission