As the Sr. Communications Specialist supporting the Defense market for GDIT, you will oversee and execute the strategic and tactical development, delivery and measurement of priority defense campaigns for GDIT. In this role, you will collaborate with a creative marketing team, technical subject matter experts, alliance partners and the wider Growth organization to create best-in-class marketing programs.
This is an exciting opportunity to lead go-to-market strategy and the day-to-day marketing direction for many of the business’ most significant pursuits. The candidate will oversee the development of integrated marketing campaigns that help position the business for success. This includes maintaining close working relationships with Growth/Business Development directors and program leadership to ensure alignment of marketing efforts with business activities.
**Until COVID restrictions are lifted, this role is 100% remote. Once restrictions are limited, there is some flexibility, but the candidate is expected to be on-site in our Falls Church location.
Some of things you will be doing:
- Creating strategic and measurable go-to-market plans that align to overarching growth and brand goals
- Consulting with technical subject matter experts, brand marketing agencies and customer facing teams
- Owning integrated marketing campaigns
- Collaborating with GDIT’s extensive technology partner eco-system
Why join the team?
- Join an award-winning marketing team
- Lead high-impact and creative marketing programs
- Collaborate with leading technology brands
- Autonomy to execute creative marketing initiatives
- Opportunity for career growth and potential management responsibilities
- Flexible working arrangements
Who you are…
- Strategic thinker who can synthesize information from various sources to create an actionable point of view. Ability to translate strategic plans into actionable execution.
- Energy and creativity. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks. You are a self-starter and can juggle multiple priorities.
- A leader. Ability to influence, lead and coach across functional teams, a champion for new ideas and concepts.
- Business savvy. You understand how to connect marketing action to business outcomes. You understand how to strategically manage and invest budget.
- Team Player. Strong team player with a track record of cross-functional collaboration.
- Creative. You have experience designing integrated marketing campaigns in the technology sector.
To be considered for this role, you must have the following:
- Bachelor’s in Marketing, Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or a related discipline, plus a minimum of five (5) years combined marketing, corporate communications, brand management, and/or public relations agency experience, OR nine (9) years total experience in the areas noted previously, in lieu of the degree; two years related experience required wtih master’s degree
- Experience in cross-channel marketing communications (PR, events, digital and social media)
- Strong and highly effective writing and public speaking skills and interpersonal communication skills.
We would love it if you had the following:
- Advanced knowledge of US Federal Government IT industry services, systems, and products marketplace and related media.
- Experience in Business-to-Business/ Business-to-Government Marketing/Technology Marketing.
- Experience with alliance partner marketing and/or executing campaigns in the technology sector.