Inside Sales Representative — Full-Time
From its inception in 1973, General Digital Corporation (GDC) has engineered and delivered to the military and industrial markets scores of standard and custom flat panel monitors and smart displays, keyboards, optical display enhancements, and software testing & development solutions.
We are currently seeking an Inside Sales Representative (ISR). This position requires a highly motivated candidate with the ability to understand the business and competently speak with all levels of management and staff. The individual will achieve maximum sales profitability by effectively selling the company’s products and related services. The individual will manage existing government and military contracts as well as new business. To succeed at these endeavors, we require a talented, sales professional with an engineering background and a proven track record of sales experience. This is an entry/mid-level role but more experienced candidates are welcome to apply.
Inside Sales Representative (ISR): Salaried, full-time, compensation based on qualifications and experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical or Electrical Engineering, Marketing/Communications or other business-related fields, or equivalent relevant experience
- Sales experience in the manufacturing/engineering industry preferred—experience with display and monitor sales a plus
- Preference for sales experience with Military, Government, and prime contractors
- Demonstrated aptitude for problem solving; ability to determine solutions for customers (consultative sales approach)
- Proven experience with converting lead inquiries into orders
- Detail oriented, able to produce sales process artifacts at a high rate with little to no errors
- Excellent customer focused mindset
- Superb time management and communication skills
- Excellent MS Office skills
- Experience with Salesforce or other CRM platforms
- Basic understanding of contract management
- US Citizenship required
The Inside Sales Representative at GDC is critical to the success of the entire sales and marketing team. The successful candidate thrives by applying a structured sales administration process to an unstructured sales cycle. They will have a firm understanding of not only how to use Salesforce but also why one should use Salesforce for maximum organizational benefit.
The ISR will be the main point of contact for new and recurring customers interested in GDC’s extensive standard product catalog. For these types of opportunities, they will manage the flow from initial interest all the way to product shipping. The ISR will support the New Product Development Lead with opportunities requiring customization or design of new unique display products.