The biopharmaceutical industry is on the verge of a digitalization revolution, adopting data-driven R&D approaches to develop innovative therapies quicker. Genedata’s market-leading enterprise software is fueling this revolution, enabling both global biopharma giants and cutting-edge biotechs to leverage biopharma R&D data analytics so they can find breakthrough therapies faster and improve outcomes sooner for patients worldwide. Join this digital transformation and help scientists around the world accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D.
About the Role
We are looking for a Scientific Consultant within our Genedata Screener® business unit. This position offers and exciting opportunity to support, shape, and promote a successful, cutting-edge software system widely applied in biopharmaceutical research. You will experience a high level of interactivity and responsibility in a growing company, and the opportunity to work as part of a strong global team.
This full-time position is based in Lexington, MA and requires about 20% travel within North America and occasional travel to Europe.
- Acting as an interface between science and sales, working with external customer scientists, project managers, and IT personnel as well as internal account management, product management, and development teams;
- Working with customers through all phases of sales cycle, including managing and delivering scientific pre-sales, consulting, and implementation projects. After a successful sales cycle, continuing to provide user training, consulting, and product support, and managing service projects from inception to completion;
- Internally you will be orchestrating the work of the service and implementation teams, ensuring the quality of implementations, guaranteeing adherence to budget and timelines, providing customer feedback to product management, and supporting the sales team with product expertise in customer presentations and demonstrations.
Skills & Experience:
- We are particularly looking for candidates with a degree or extensive experience in quantitative biology, bioinformatics, applied physics, or applied mathematics, and a good understanding of scientific data analysis;
- You will work with a range of bioassay / screening technologies and application areas, so you should have deeper knowledge within a few or broader knowledge within several of them. For an overview of some of the technologies and applications we support, please visit our website at www.genedata.com;
- This role will expose you to a range of different people, requiring an ability to successfully interact with managers, scientists at all levels, and IT experts;
- Because our customers are mainly within pharmaceutical research, you should have knowledge of the drug discovery process and ideally experience in the analysis of high-throughput screening data;
- The role involves some scientific software development and familiarity with UNIX systems and Python scripting, which means that proven skills within these areas are required;
- Familiarity with AWS and with Java are definite advantages;
- A background in statistics would be a plus;
- Must be currently located in the U.S.;
- Legal authorization to work on a full-time basis for any employer in the U.S. is required.
What We Offer
Genedata is on a mission to accelerate the pace of biopharma R&D. Our enterprise software solutions digitalize and automate lab operations so scientists can discover insights faster, push scientific boundaries farther, and drive change right now. With over two decades of success due to closely-knit teams of scientists, software engineers, and business experts, Genedata has become the market-leading provider of enterprise software solutions for biopharma R&D.
As a private and majority employee-owned organization, we empower each employee to be a contributing voice in the company operations and evolution. Our collective expertise in scientific R&D informatics, combined with our open and scalable software platform, makes us the essential technology for the operations of top biopharma companies and innovative biotechs worldwide.
We are headquartered in Basel, Switzerland and have subsidiaries in the US, Germany, UK, Japan, and Singapore.
Genedata offers an attractive Total Reward Package comprised of a competitive salary and attractive benefits in return for your contribution to our success.
As an equal opportunity employer, Genedata proudly celebrates diversity and believes in an inclusive workplace.
Genedata does not accept applications from recruitment agencies.
If you are interested in this position, please apply directly here.